Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Additions:
- Center AF point can be used when AF is on 11 or 5 point - should switch it to select point.
- The screen when you hit OK (AF selection screen) should contain another row of options for AF.A, AF.C, and AF.S
- When in AFCC mode, when turning off the camera and switching it to a Pentax-M or K lens, trap-AF mode will not work. It says MF, switching it from AF to MF and back still doesn't wor. In order to fix it, a F + lens must be attached, and it switched to AF.S. This should be fixed.

Last edited by Eruditass; 11-07-2009 at 09:31 AM.
11-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #17
wll
Veteran Member

One thing only !!!!

FIX THE BATTERY PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

wll
11-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
First annoyance:
- Cannot access direct access buttons when Instant Review (d-pad) is up. d-pad buttons do not do anything unless you zoom in.

I like having instant review to see a picture right after I take it, and I can go right back to shooting even if the timer has not finished and it is still showing. However, the direct access buttons don't work and if I'm shooting sports or something fast, sometimes I want to change the ISO quickly and the 3, 5 and even 1 second instant review prevents me from pushing the right d-pad and using the edial for quick ISO changes. If I forget about this, push the right-d-pad and use the e-dial, I end up zooming in which means it won't even timeout to let me change the ISO!
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #19

Add auto SR on/off based on 1/focal length in relation to selectable minimum shutter speed boundary for SR activation. So user can menu set shutter speed boundary at +-3 stops in 1/2 stop increments under or above 1/mm

Last edited by MSsuper; 11-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.
11-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Another Focus Trap bug.

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
BUGS:
- When in AF.C mode, when turning off the camera and switching it to a Pentax-M or K lens, trap-AF mode will not work. It says MF, switching it from AF to MF and back still doesn't work. In order to fix it, a F + lens must be attached, and it switched to AF.S.
When option 21: "Catch-in Focus" is enabled and an M or K manual lens is attached than the focus trap cannot be disabled by switching to MF. In all other models you have focus trap with the switch in the AF setting and you can always fire with the switch in the MF setting.
11-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I would love it for the Green button to be configurable o be an ISO button, that would be awesome. I mean let's face it, so people have no need for the Green button. The people who are interested in the Green button probably aren't interested in changing the ISO on the fly, and the people who are interested in changing the ISO on the fly probably aren't interested in the Green button.
11-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Yellow Battery Mode

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
FIX THE BATTERY PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

wll
The problem is what the functional behavior of a fix would look like. LV/video draws too much power for many NiMHs. An alternative would have been to introduce a yellow battery mode in which LV/video is disabled. Than you would have K-M like behavior and people could use lesser NiMHs if they don't value LV or video.
11-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
When option 21: "Catch-in Focus" is enabled and an M or K manual lens is attached than the focus trap cannot be disabled by switching to MF. In all other models you have focus trap with the switch in the AF setting and you can always fire with the switch in the MF setting.
I don't understand what you are saying?

With focus trap enabled and in MF, my shutter trips whenever I push it down fully, just like in my K2000.

My problem is I can't get focus trap working if it was in AF.C before I switched lenses. It always trips the shutter when I push it, instead of using focus trap.

11-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #24
Veteran Member

With focus trap enabled and in MF, my shutter trips whenever I push it down fully, just like in my K2000.
With an M-lens mounted? When I switch to MF (switch on the front) and have focus trap enabled than I can still only fire when the subject is in focus. So switching to AF or MF with the front switch makes no difference. The AF menu mode is AF-A before I mounted the M-lens. Perhaps that's the difference with your experience, perhaps it works when I select AF-S before changing the lens, but that would still be a bug IMO.

Edit: just tested, starting in AF-S makes no difference.
11-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Does the KX have multi exposure, interval shooting and time lapse options?
demo on K-x Black - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site click on wach demo

11-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Have it in AF.C with a AF lens before switching to a M lens, that's where I encountered the bug. AF/MF on the body makes no difference either.
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
With an M-lens mounted? When I switch to MF (switch on the front) and have focus trap enabled than I can still only fire when the subject is in focus. So switching to AF or MF with the front switch makes no difference. The AF menu mode is AF-A before I mounted the M-lens. Perhaps that's the difference with your experience, perhaps it works when I select AF-S before changing the lens, but that would still be a bug IMO.

Edit: just tested, starting in AF-S makes no difference.
I just confirmed with M 50/1.7, AF.C makes trap-AF not work without putting on a AF lens and switching it to AF.A and AF.S. Also, a bug you found, is when trap-AF is enabled and it is on AF.A or AF.S, switching to MF does not disable MF (as it did in the K2000 and should), you have to go to the custom functions setting and switch it off.
11-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I just confirmed with M 50/1.7, AF.C makes trap-AF not work without putting on a AF lens and switching it to AF.A and AF.S. Also, a bug you found, is when trap-AF is enabled and it is on AF.A or AF.S, switching to MF does not disable MF (as it did in the K2000 and should), you have to go to the custom functions setting and switch it off.
Thanks for your test and confirming my bug...
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
After weeks of switching between M42 and K-mount AF and MF lenses, I'd have to say the trap-af bug is currently the most annoying, followed by the inability to use direct access buttons during the instant review function (which is even longer when lens correction is on).

And of course the battery problems - I do have to fiddle with non eneloops to get them working a bit.
11-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I want to be able to set what the Av button does in any mode.

currently it always makes the dial change the EV compensation! arghh i want to change the other settings with it. (in Av or Tv mode)