Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #61

K-x hotshoe

The K-x hot shoe does not function when no flash is detected via the "flash ready" voltage, and when a flash is detected shutter speed is limited to 1/180.

This is quite sensible in most cases, but it would be really nice to have a menu option for "always trigger hot shoe with shutter".

This would mean that many of the RF triggers available would function with the camera (they do not have a flash ready pin), and that it would be possible to fire a flash at speeds higher than sync speed.

It'd be nice to have.

02-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #62
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd like to have some expanded functions for the remote control/delay mode:
- Time lapse/interval shooting
- Burst mode (possibility to use burst with multiple exposure)

More programmable options for the Green Button, for example:
- Switch between favourite/centre AF point and full AF points
- Switch to HDR/Auto bracketing/Multiple Exposure modes and back to regular
02-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #63
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was just thinking that if Pentax had some revenue to spend on producing these firmware wishlists, more of the requests might actually get done. What do you think? See:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/90449-what-would-y...es-if-all.html

Thanks
02-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #64

There is a AF/AE-L button which can be assigned custom function #2: disable shutter button focus, focus only by pressing AF button. But it just doesn't work in MF mode. I wish it could switch to AF programmatically, focus (in AF-S-ly manner), switch back to MF in milliseconds.

The main reason for it is unbearable stiffness of focusing ring in AF mode.

04-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #65
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I would really love to see an ISO 50 mode on the K-x. I do a lot of long exposure photography, and that would help me to maintain middle apertures quite often, ISO 25 would be nice, but that's homestly a distant dream. Plus, I think there needs to be a APS-C DSLR with ISO 50 sometime, so I can feel like I'm shooting Velvia!
04-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't know how if it's possible to get lower ISO's.

On the other hand, somehow they get an ISO 100 that doesn't lose a stop of DR (since the base ISO is 200), so maybe they could...
04-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Convert Quote
I would really love to see an ISO 50 mode on the K-x. I do a lot of long exposure photography, and that would help me to maintain middle apertures quite often, ISO 25 would be nice, but that's homestly a distant dream. Plus, I think there needs to be a APS-C DSLR with ISO 50 sometime, so I can feel like I'm shooting Velvia!
As the lowest "real" ISO is 200, 50 might be pushing it. But good ND filters aren't that hard to come by.
04-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #68

i haven't update my firmwire since i got my kx.

04-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #69
Veteran Member

While I don't think that it's possible at least via firmware, I would most definitely like to see the visible AF points in the viewfinder. I really think that this should have been included when Pentax released the K-x, especially with the complaints on the K-m about it.
05-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #70
k54
Forum Member

Firmware update for the PTP mode for Remote Camera Control Software to make it function on my Breeze System DSLR Remote Pro that works on almost any Nikon or Canon.
05-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #71
Tan
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
While I don't think that it's possible at least via firmware, I would most definitely like to see the visible AF points in the viewfinder. I really think that this should have been included when Pentax released the K-x, especially with the complaints on the K-m about it.
I am totally with you. Further, I wish that Pentax could improve DR quality.
05-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #72
Forum Member

They should create a camera OS that everyone can program apps for; just like with android.
05-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I totally agree with you there, but unfortunately it's not possible via firmware. I was actually unaware of this when I purchased the K-x, but I've come to deal with it. It has made me distrust the Auto AF point select, because I can never be too sure what it's focusing on.
05-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #74
rkt

My list..
- focus point indicator
- weather sealing, like K200D
05-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #75

Whilst I can work without focus indication, how much per camera must it actually save them in the manufacturing process?? Surely we are talking pennies. I just don't understand this level of penny pinching on such a superb piece of kit!!! This one fault & I call it a fault loosely must put of a lot of first time slr buyers.