Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2010, 01:05 AM   #76

These are mostly feature requests.
1. Catch In Focus new option: the simple mode that shoots automatically when focus confirmation beeps, as long as shutter is half pressed. This should work in MF mode with any lens. This would be really useful when using fully manual lenses connected via M42-K adapter ring, and possibly in other cases like some modern lenses without AF/MF switch.
2. There should be a way to delete a range of (not protected) photos in view mode. It takes too much time to click all the photos I want to delete after I made a few continuous shooting series. So it should be possible to ckick first photo to delete and the last one, so all the photos in between would be checked for deletion automatically.
3. I could use faster scroll in view mode zoom - 1 screen at a time or 1/2 or such.
4. When Auto points AF focuses, show active points in the LCD. Since it's impossible to show them in viewfinder...
5. After shooting in LV, it should return to LV and also restore zoom level (optionally). Also, LV zoom level should be instant, not a few "info" key presses away - it could be configurable like initial zoom level for view mode.

Next ones are too complex for a simple update but one can dream...
6. In LV, use a portion of screen for zoom, not the whole screen. Also it should have adjustable position (maybe use selected focus point location?)
7. After focus confirmation, estimate distance to subject in focus according to acquired lens focus distance.
7.1. Add automatic depth of field/Aperture calculator according to focus points distances (kind of like a-dep? I wonder if it's patented though...)

Last edited by olenl; 05-24-2010 at 09:47 AM.
05-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rkt Quote
My list..
- focus point indicator
- weather sealing, like K200D
That'd be quite an amazing firmware update.
05-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by olenl Quote
These are mostly feature requests.
1. Catch In Focus new option: the simple mode that shoots automatically when focus confirmation beeps, as long as shutter is half pressed. This should work in MF mode with any lens. This would be really useful when using fully manual lenses connected via M42-K adapter ring, and possibly in other cases like some modern lenses without AF/MF switch.
2. There should be a way to delete a range of (not protected) photos in view mode. It takes too much time to click all the photos I want to delete after I made a few continuous shooting series. So it should be possible to ckick first photo to delete and the last one, so all the photos in between would be checked for deletion automatically.
3. I could use faster scroll in view mode zoom - 1 screen at a time or 1/2 or such.
4. When Auto points AF focuses, show active points in the LCD. Since it's impossible to show them in viewfinder...
5. After shooting in LV, it should return to LV and also restore zoom level (optionally). Also, LV zoom level should be instant, not a few "info" key presses away - it could be configurable like initial zoom level for view mode.

Next ones are too complex for a simple update but one can dream...
6. In LV, use a portion of screen for zoom, not the whole screen. Also it should have adjustable position (maybe use selected focus point location?)
7. After focus confirmation, estimate distance to subject in focus according to acquired lens focus distance.
7.1. Add automatic depth of field/Aperture calculator according to focus points distances (kind of like a-dep? I wonder if it's patented though...)
Great suggestions. For 6, I believe you can adjust the position of what is being zoomed it, although it uses the whole screen. 7 would be crazy useful!
06-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #79
Pentaxian

I would love to see 5 frames bracketing.

07-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #80
Forum Member

What would I want in a firmware update?

1. ISO control in movie mode
2. AF mode select from center-dpad button
3. More green button options
4. Time lapse!
5. Option for no black frame past 30s
6. Some live-mode tweaks (as mentioned above)
7. Faster in-camera PP (distortion correction, high-ISO NR)
8. 720p 30FPS... should be very doable if you someone cares to calculate the bandwidth numbers.

I guess a WR and AF point firmware update would be nice too!!! :P
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sushi warrior Quote
4. Time lapse!
Yes please! And so easy for them to do...
07-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #82
Forum Member

all i can add is my vote;
+1 to firmware with any of the awesome ideas mentioned in this thread

fingers crossed, hopefully all of them will end up in the next firmware.

QuoteOriginally posted by rkt Quote
My list..
- focus point indicator
- weather sealing, like K200D
except these

Last edited by sir.b; 07-05-2010 at 01:04 PM.
08-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #83
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Oh and a bigger one I know many are longing for:

Being able to select Self Timer (and / or remote) in HDR mode. This is really annoying - there is a risk of moving the camera currently.
This is my number 1 request.

1st. Allow Self-Timer in every mode possible, but first enable it in HDR mode.

2nd. Time Lapse.
08-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #84

Dear Pentax firmware engineers,

In addition to 5 steps bracketing and 2sec self timer with HDR i would suggest enabling the 2 sec timer with bracketing mode as well, as it has the same problem as HDR shooting. The mirror flip really shakes the camera...

Thanks!
Yotam
08-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ability to turn SR on fulltime, not just at half-press. Don't care if it uses more power.
08-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #86
Veteran Member

• Time elapse (already mentioned, but I also like that)
  • Possibility to keep SR on icw Selftimer (automatically disabled for tripod use, but 1s selftimer can also be handy for hand-hold shots)
  • Lens corrections for non-Pentax lenses (lookup table)
Oh, does SR work properly with non-Pentax zoom lenses?
- If not, then firmware update .

And would I love to see the whole layout on the LCD to get a more fancy & modern view (sorry, make it selectable for people that like it the way it is...).
08-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #87
Veteran Member

A simple ergonomic request: I wish the firmware could let you disable the LV button.

I often find that my nose presses the LV button (left-eye'd shooter here) all too easily, which has cost me a few good shots while the LV kicks in, the mirror locks up etc, often at the most inconvenient time.

My OME-53 eyepiece has helped reduce the incidence of this by increasing the space between face and camera back by a few millimetres but it still does tend to happen, so it would be nice to be able to disable the LV button completely via a Custom Menu option.
08-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #88
Veteran Member

You probably got a bigger noise than a typical Japanese user .
  • Multiple customer filters (with customable naming)
  • User mode - like K-7 but e.g. in SCN modes (preferably also multiple with customable naming)
  • Did I already mention interval?
08-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #89

Just two basic things:
1) Ability to focus SDM lences through the body motor.
2) Custom function for autofocus: ability to select a slower focusing speed to gain in accuracy.
08-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by climit Quote
2) Custom function for autofocus: ability to select a slower focusing speed to gain in accuracy.
That is what I call thinking outside of the box!!!

Does the K-x actual have lens dependent focus offset correction possibility like the K-7?