Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hidden features in a K10?

I'm sure some where I once saw a post that listed some button push combinations which had feature/mode effects not mentioned in the K10 hand book,
would some one kindly tell me where to find this info?
thanks
Alistair

11-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You might want to search "K10D debug mode".
11-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
You might want to search "K10D debug mode".
no thats not what I am looking for it was to do with changing ISO to auto and a given value without going into the function menu,
there also was a nice description of the green button functions including a ISO function which made far more sense than the manual
Alistair
11-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
no thats not what I am looking for it was to do with changing ISO to auto and a given value without going into the function menu,
there also was a nice description of the green button functions including a ISO function which made far more sense than the manual
Alistair
I think its only on k20D. I found that you can customize your buttons to make the "OK" button as your ISO button.

11-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If you have firmware 1.1 or later, you can change ISO by pressing the OK button and turning the front E-dial simultaneously. To return to auto ISO, you press the OK button and the green button. It's that simple. It's not in the book, because it was not in the original firmware.

If you go on a Pentax website were you can download the firmwares, they will tell you what every firmware does.
11-09-2009, 05:07 AM   #6
Forum Member

If you don't care for google:
Software Downloads : Support & Service : PENTAX

The [ok]+[green]/e-dial is so handy - Makes it a bit easier to shoot in M and the other mdoes.
11-09-2009, 05:43 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by freeload Quote
If you don't care for google:
Software Downloads : Support & Service : PENTAX

The [ok]+[green]/e-dial is so handy - Makes it a bit easier to shoot in M and the other modes.
OK thank you I found the upgrade change/ instructions page and printed it out for future reference.
One I read it i realised that the features are in my menu on the camera but I did not know about the green button plus OK button and the exposure compensation button plus green button will reset the meter to zero
11-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
OK thank you I found the upgrade change/ instructions page and printed it out for future reference.
One I read it i realised that the features are in my menu on the camera but I did not know about the green button plus OK button and the exposure compensation button plus green button will reset the meter to zero
Actually, the upgrade instructions talk about flash exposure compensation for the upgrade (press green button while in flash function mode to reset to zero). But, exposure compensation button down while pushing green button does work for resetting exposure compensation as well which is great.