Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Anyone miss this news: Digital River to manage Pentax online sales

Digital River to help sell Pentax cameras in Europe - Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal:

I was initially surprised - given Digital River's software sales, and had never heard of their hardware sales. Hopefully, Digital River now has the incentive to increase Pentax's brand identity online, while Pentax can increase that in the brick and mortar retail (a fav gripe of mine that they don't do a good job).

11-09-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They will set up the store, but Pentax will manage it, if I understand it right.
11-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I found this article after following your link, more interesting:

Actuality Systems inks $6.2M in funding, new deal with Hoya - Boston Business Journal:

Hoya investing in 3-D ?? Hmmm how long until 3-D shows up in camera?

-k
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

First of all: Woo go Minneapolis/St. Paul!!!

Now that that's out of the way.

I think this is bigger news than people realize. Some bigger online sales leads to two big things --> More people shooting Pentax, more money for Pentax. The more people shooting Pentax leads to more people wants Pentax in stores, which AGAIN leads to more money for Pentax. More money for Pentax leads to more fun toys for us. Again leads to more money for Pentax. Etc.

Let's hope this gets the ball rolling on that timeline!