Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Failure to fire/display problem

Please help me diagnose and solve my K100D's problem.

With any of several lenses mounted, the camera does not fire. The only displays on the LCD are a flashing-on-and-off Av followed by two dashes which also flash on and off, the battery charge-level's indicator, and the exposure number.

If I shut off the camera and remove the lens, there's no AV display (and thus, it is not flashing), but the battery indicator and exposure number do display. And there are symbols to the left of the exposure number which weren't there when the lens was installed.

I have replaced the rechargeable batteries with nonrechargeable batteries. That did not solve the problem.

I have fully charged the rechargeable batteries. That didn't solve the problem.

I replaced the SD card. That didn't help either.

Thanks in advance.
Stu

Last edited by smf; 11-09-2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: fix typos
11-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Although I might be speaking too soon, I think I'm out of the woods, thanks to an online chat with Pentax North America's customer support.
Thanks to everyone who read my original message. I'll start a new thread if trouble returns and is not resolved with Pentax's online customer support.
11-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Set the lens aperture to A, or else turn on use of aperture ring in the menu.