Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #1

Ordered K110D Today!!!

I just ordered my K110D. This will be my first DSLR. I can't wait til it arrives! I bought this with the anticipation of getting some good pictures on my trip to China visiting my girlfriend who is an American English teacher over there. I was looking at the D40 but decided on this one mainly because of price. I didn't need SR because I have never had it before and haven't missed it yet and ever dollar counts right now. I have already spent some a ton of money on passport, visa, and plane ticket. (not to mention the couple hundred I will need to carry with me) My question is though what kind of batteries are the best to use in this camera?

06-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Considering you're money conscious, I'd say go with a reliable brand of high capacity NiMH AA rechargeables, preferably >2500mAh. I have sets of 2700 and 2600mAh NiMH batteries produced by Inca (not your typical big name brand), but these have so far given me great mileage and are probably the most cost-effective, as long as you have access to a power source compatible with your charger.
06-05-2007, 03:26 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
HI

I Will highly reccommend Maha Powerex Batterys. I have several sets of the 2700 and they work great. The other Battery i have heard great things about are the Sanyo Eneloops. These do not discharge while sitting like the NIMH Batterys.
A great place to purchase both is Thomas distrbuting.
Rechargeable Batteries Battery Chargers Rechargeable Lithium Digital Camera Batteries Maha Ansmann Energizer Sanyo ZTS
Good luck with your K110D

BK

Last edited by Black Knight; 06-05-2007 at 02:00 PM.
06-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've got two sets of NiMH batteries haven't run out of both of them on a single outing yet. (even on a 9 hour, 16 mile hike in 25 degree (F) weather.

Though I agree with Black Knight if you're on a trip and may not have access to power for days at a time you may want to get the eneloops that don't discharge rapidly.

-Dan