Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
I'v used the GP 2700 before in my km and works fine but with the kx it does not work so I bought for around €19 4 varta 2300 battery's with slow charger and works very good but have to put the settings on NiMH otherwise it gives empty after a few shots
I hope Pentax will fix it in the new firmware

11-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Trickle charging (or soft charging) works fine for NiMh precisely because it keeps the heat down and vastly extends battery life. You do, however, need a good charger. There's too much off-brand el-cheapo stuff out there.
But is horrible for determing an accurate cutoff point. Many battery engineers recommend 0.5C to 1.0C for accurate cutoffs for NiMH or 0.1C for a timed charge. But then you need a specific brand and mAh to get a full accurate non-overcharged battery.

It's -ok- for keeping them charged once they are charged, but most overdo the current and kill battery life.

Most good chargers do not use trickle charging or slow charging as a main means, many actually look for some that do nearly nothing at all after the light goes off.