Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just found a bargain-priced Pentax battery grip from Keh Camera for $55.00. I agree that they are way too expensive new from Pentax. For the amount of plastic moulding done to produce this product, and the low labor cost in Viet Nam, it seems to me that there would be a nice profit on the item if Pentax/Ricoh were selling it NEW for $55.00!

11-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I just found a bargain-priced Pentax battery grip from Keh Camera for $55.00. I agree that they are way too expensive new from Pentax. For the amount of plastic moulding done to produce this product, and the low labor cost in Viet Nam, it seems to me that there would be a nice profit on the item if Pentax/Ricoh were selling it NEW for $55.00!
They'd probably sell more cameras if lenses and accessories were lower priced... Figure there must be a reason...
11-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
Veteran Member

The Pentax grip really 'makes' the K-7 for me - suddenly its a proper serious bit of kit. Key advantages (apart from those already stated well by all above me - controls, weather sealing etc) is the flexability of battery options - either an extra camera battery, or 6 AAs, very handy for shooting in remote locations where there's no electricity to plug into and you should be able to find a shop selling these batteries very widely around the world.

My grip is a permanent fixture - it and the camera are one, and the handling is improved a lot - very easy to jump around into vertical shooting and back. Well worth the money!