Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
To MF with these relatively low-resolution low-update-frequency LCD:s you have to crop the focusing area from CCD at almost 100% to the LCD. While doing this you cannot compose the picture simultaneously.
I'd agree. From what I understand, the 1DmkIII lets you zoom in w/ the LCD, then you can manual focus in liveview mode; I think this is specifically to let you use manual focusing for macros. It'd be really nice if they could have a split screen metering mode (i.e., ignore the center spot which will turn black at times); then you could use this for both macros and regular manual focusing.

I forgot to mention, for the K?D, they should have the DA17-70 as the kit lens which will have the SDM motor (Ben, any hints as to when this will happen? I've bugged Ned Bunnell and he doesn't seem to know either, even though it's on the lens roadmap).

It's also important that they fix the vertical antialiasing filter (aka, color moire or xmas tree lights) and VPN problems since I think they need hardware fixes...

ken

06-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #32
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Just want to start a dialogue to get your impressions of what a K?D might be like when it comes out. This would be an up scale DSLR and not an entree level camera. It will happen. This we know. But I would love to see who comes closest to the reality when it does happen.
The K?D will be a Full Frame 13Mpxl sensor, dual viewfinder (Optical or Electronic) with Liveview both in the viewfinder and back LCD, Dual Focus system, being distance measurement based for Optical or contrast measurement for the Electronic viewF, Realtime exposure measurement, Any speed Flash sync with the Electronic VF mode, Image Stabilization on the Lens with Auto detection of IS lenses, and surprise, KaF-mount.

Rui
06-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
I'd agree. From what I understand, the 1DmkIII lets you zoom in w/ the LCD, then you can manual focus in liveview mode; I think this is specifically to let you use manual focusing for macros. It'd be really nice if they could have a split screen metering mode (i.e., ignore the center spot which will turn black at times); then you could use this for both macros and regular manual focusing.

I forgot to mention, for the K?D, they should have the DA17-70 as the kit lens which will have the SDM motor (Ben, any hints as to when this will happen? I've bugged Ned Bunnell and he doesn't seem to know either, even though it's on the lens roadmap).

It's also important that they fix the vertical antialiasing filter (aka, color moire or xmas tree lights) and VPN problems since I think they need hardware fixes...

ken
Probably a rebranded Sigma 17-70. Like how Sony rebrands Tamron lenses like the 11-18, 18-200. So long as the K?D carries an uncrippled KAF Mount, I'll be happy.
06-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #34
Veteran Member

My guess

• 1.3 crop sensor
  • 15 MP
  • Adjustment for FF/BF on 5 lenses
  • Adobe RGB Color space available in all three Color Modes
  • Additional Custom Curve options
  • Continuous - 5 fps up to 15 RAW images
  • Live preview
  • Improved AF speed
  • Built in connectivity to GPS
  • 50-3200 ISO with 3200 being as clean as the K10D at 800 ISO
  • improved image stabilization up to 3 stops.
  • Dust removal system that actually works

Cost $1,500.00 US

That's my guess but that's not the one I'm waiting for. The one I want is much smaller than the K100D and has the sensor from the K100D with improved high ISO performance. It should lose the built in flash. And last but not least the body only will sell for $300 to $350.

Regards,

06-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #35
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No SR??

I will never own another camera without SR. It is wonderful, and if Pentax dropped SR, I would instantly switch to someone that had it. I can't imagine them ever dumping SR, but I can imagine them improving it, even though it is fine for me just like it is.
06-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #36
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
The K?D will be a Full Frame 13Mpxl sensor, dual viewfinder (Optical or Electronic) with Liveview both in the viewfinder and back LCD, Dual Focus system, being distance measurement based for Optical or contrast measurement for the Electronic viewF, Realtime exposure measurement, Any speed Flash sync with the Electronic VF mode, Image Stabilization on the Lens with Auto detection of IS lenses, and surprise, KaF-mount.

Rui
OK, not 13Mpxl, make it 18Mpxl instead
06-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #37

Pentax should go after the 5d and forget about the 1d series, let other co. do that. So it's FF with 15mp max with at least 5d-iso quality,all the features of k10 plus body structure with more internal bracings so it's even more crushResistant, even better weather-sealed, max 10% heavier than k10, adapter for disposable batterries, somekind of circuit-jumper so camera will perform a safe shutdown in case of water intrusion, compartementised so water intrusion will not spread out over the whole camera. Also try not to offer any more hitec/electronis features unless it's really crucial, k10 already offer enuf features enuf 97.5% of us, concentrate instead on reliability, survivability, affordability, and image quality. That's it for now

06-11-2007, 04:26 AM   #38
Veteran Member

OK, not 13Mpxl, make it 18Mpxl instead
there seems a lot of rumors for nikon d3 to be 18mp (but whether they are well founded or dreams I dont know (or overly care

I hope it has the look of the 50th anniversary edition (that looks so cool and I hope they get rid of those catches on the battery / sd card doors (I am sotired of trying to grip them with numb fingers from the cold at 5:30 am )

Phil

oh and have we had enough guesses yet Ben? (or do we have to get you back up to 99% LOL)
06-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
How about something crazy like a body that takes replaceable sensors one b&w , one high res , one for low noise and maybe a film back, I can dream can't I
now this is revolution... that would be by far the best... replaceable sensor (as CPU) and the camera body forever... hey they should let us upgrade the memory too

other than that I want a K100D size, with as much as possible K10D features (all? except bigger SR to keep the size in check), plus a new 5-6MP sensor with even better high ISO, to top it give it 5fps.
06-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Consider This.

Being that Nikon will come out with an 18.7 mega-pixel 1.1 sensor DSLR shortly, the implications might be far reaching...
06-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #41
Busiko

Being that Nikon will come out with an 18.7 mega-pixel 1.1 sensor DSLR shortly, the implications might be far reaching...
Right. And 1.1 sensor is almost Fullframe x 0.9 -
Waiting is tough!
06-13-2007, 06:07 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sept/Oct 2007

Right. And 1.1 sensor is almost Fullframe x 0.9 -
Waiting is tough!
Look..Pentax are not riding on their laurels. Pentax is not the same company you knew two years ago. For that matter, Pentax may just pull out all the stops for the next up and coming shows in the Fall of 2007..I'm pretty confident of that...
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #43
Veteran Member

What exciting times!!

As a new comer to this great hobby I think the new options that are on the horizon are fantastic. If I were a professional I'd be even more excited. Right now my K10D gives me a wonderful all purpose tool. Combined with the old but superb lenses I've managed to buy for a song there is very little I can't shoot and get beautiful results if I do it right. Using a 200 or 300mm old lens allows me a FOV for wildlife shooting that is much easier to handle than a FF sensor would ever be.

Within a couple of years I'll be able to buy a 1.1 or 1.2 crop camera with well over 15 MP. Can't wait to be able to use some of my old wide angle lenses on it to shoot landscapes.

I'll bet there will even be a 6MP body much smaller than the K100D that will be a killer street camera. My FA 43mm would be dynamite lens on that body, might even spring for one of the pancake lenses. The low light capability of this unit will probably be breathtaking.

So what are these 2 new bodies going to cost me? Less than 2 good stabilized lens from Canon or Nikon. They might not be on the market as soon as some new units from the big 2 but my K10D will do just fine until they do arrive.

Regards,
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #44
Busiko

Look..Pentax are not riding on their laurels. Pentax is not the same company you knew two years ago. For that matter, Pentax may just pull out all the stops for the next up and coming shows in the Fall of 2007..I'm pretty confident of that...
Yes Benjikan. I know Pentax since the mid 70's and I know they are a TOP contender. Although they have gone a bad period for some years, I believe they can and they WANT to raise again. I am a Pentax supporter. I wish I could have three arms and three legs, so I could trade one for the Top Pentax I know is coming.
06-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #45
sft

My Take

5fps + larger buffer
Hopefully an APS-H sensor though I wont bet on it. 1.3x crop would be great. FF unlikely IMO though would be very interesting.
SR
ISO100-3200
14-15MP's if 1.3x crop - 16-18 if FF.
Larger body & VF + Weather-sealed
I wouldnt be surprised if we get live-view.
Vertical controls (though not as big as D2X please!)