Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #46
TDN
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Look..Pentax are not riding on their laurels. Pentax is not the same company you knew two years ago. For that matter, Pentax may just pull out all the stops for the next up and coming shows in the Fall of 2007..I'm pretty confident of that...
I agree.

While I love my *ist DL, it was not as "appealing" as the other entry level cameras.

The K100D changed this drastically. The 2nd market price explosion on pentax glass proves that...Pentax seems to have taken a new, much more popular direction.

Now, as for a professional K?D body, as a possible (very long distance) future upgrade (for me), I'd like to see:

- Permanent vertical grip, 1D/D2X style
- a 4 or 5 fps framerate so the sports fanatics can finally find themselves with a pentax
- I like the idea of providing a high-end lens in kit with it
- keep the SR
- sensor: I don't mind how many MP, just make it a good one, one that the pixel peepers can "wow" about.
- include a removable wireless remote in the grip, standard, by default.
- Definitly keep the wheather sealing.

Not that I'd ever have the funds to buy one, but I can dream...

Tom

06-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
I've bugged Ned Bunnell and he doesn't seem to know either, even though it's on the lens roadmap).

It's also important that they fix the vertical antialiasing filter (aka, color moire or xmas tree lights) and VPN problems since I think they need hardware fixes...
ken
I see you bugged Ned Bunnell about that lens, but did you also bug him about those other two things - I can't imagine the subject didn't come up when you had his ear.

What exactly did he say about each thing? (VPN & vertical antialiasing) - especially the importance of whatever aspects of these issues can be improved on the already sold K10D cameras apart from the hardware aspects.
06-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #48

Photos: Gallery
If it's called a "K?D" I don't care what it's like I'm not buying one!!
06-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chrisman Quote
If it's called a "K?D" I don't care what it's like I'm not buying one!!
Heh. I don't think Pentax will make the wildcard mistake again. People are just using that to stand for "K1D or K5D or whatever".

06-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #50
Veteran Member

My wish list would start with a nicely damped absurdly quiet shutter, 100% view through the viewfinder, improved AF and metering, higher pixel count and color reproduction on the lcd, etc. Controls for ISO and white balance. You know, basic yet solid improvments.

I'm sure Pentax will fill in on all the sensor stuff, beefed up SR, faster frames, etc. But I see no real reason to go any larger on the sensor unless they can really speed up in camera processing, naturally. Files are getting too large as it is with RAW. Maybe an average of at least 5MP or more for the JPEG would improve the JPEG quality?

I do think improving the shutter position forward is a good idea also.

My 2 cents.
06-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
I see you bugged Ned Bunnell about that lens, but did you also bug him about those other two things - I can't imagine the subject didn't come up when you had his ear.
Bugged = me sending email or posting in his blog and him ignoring me

Seems Ned doesn't respond to questions that well
06-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #52
Inactive Account

It's interesting that everybody would like a FF or near FF sensor in the next Pentax. I'm shooting with a Canon 5D and 70-200mm f2.8 L lens this weekend and had my first shoot with it only a few hours ago. I have to say that I like APS-C format better, especially for near Macro shooting and the likes. 70-200 on FF as it was intended now seems to wide especially with a 1.5m minimum focus distance. However if SDM on the K10D performs anywhere near as well as the Canon USM version then it'll be awesome. Even for the wide angle (I guess it is personal pref) but you can get wide angle lenses for APS-C anyway plus wide angle on FF give nasty vignetting meaning expensive thin filters etc. There are negatives and positives for everything but I really hope that Pentax keeps an APS-C DSLR in it's line up for many years to come. Yes, please the FF junkies but make sure we always have an APS-C version thanks.

Tim H
06-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Bugged = me sending email or posting in his blog and him ignoring me

Seems Ned doesn't respond to questions that well

He might be jet setting off to Moscow, or Australia, or Hawaii, or Cabo on the Pentax expense account, so he might not have the time to answer.

Last edited by mutley; 06-16-2007 at 12:45 AM.
06-16-2007, 07:41 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Timbuctoo Quote
I have to say that I like APS-C format better, especially for near Macro shooting and the likes. 70-200 on FF as it was intended now seems to wide especially with a 1.5m minimum focus distance.
Crop off the edges of your final image, and presto, you've got exactly the same thing. This isn't an actual advantage of the smaller sensor format. The only real advantage (and it's a big one) is the ability to make lenses smaller, lighter, and cheaper-for-the-same-image-quality.
06-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #55
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Timbuctoo Quote
... 70-200 on FF as it was intended now seems to wide especially...

Tim H
And Mattdm also said:
Crop off the edges of your final image, and presto, you've got exactly the same thing. This isn't an actual advantage of the smaller sensor format. The only real advantage (and it's a big one) is the ability to make lenses smaller, lighter, and cheaper-for-the-same-image-quality.

Yes it isn't the 70-200 that is too wide on FF, it happens it is narrow with APS-C instead.
06-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pro Version on the Horizon

Even thought eh K10D is a Pro-Camera from my point of view. Some seem to disagree. I see a Pro Pentax on the horizon to give the nay sayers reason to become yea sayers...
06-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #57
Busiko

Even thought eh K10D is a Pro-Camera from my point of view. Some seem to disagree. I see a Pro Pentax on the horizon to give the nay sayers reason to become yea sayers...
Thanks Benjikan. Even not beeing a PRO myself, I am really interested to see the outcome of the new Pentax. Besides being an arrogant unknow amateur :ugh: I have all the time needed to make all the field tests that Pentax people may need to get an unbiased and critical report on that new body, taken from a addicted photo operator. So let them send me a preproduction unit to try out.
06-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #58
sft

Stop teasing!
06-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not Teasing

QuoteOriginally posted by sft Quote
Stop teasing!
If this is not taken by a pro-camera..Well you tell me

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
06-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #60
sft

Oh yeah - thats nice! Actually that is taken by a pro photographer and it shows! The camera should be good at getting out of your way and this is where I love the K10!