Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K7 Canadian prices ... anybody ?

Seems like prices for the K7 are slowly coming down in the USA.
Now, as we all know, our Canadian stores are VERY slow to follow any such trend. Has anyone have any idea of any NEW Canadian list prices for the K7, body only?
JP

11-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-7 - Canadian Price Comparison - photoprice.ca is the best I can give you. Seems to have come down between 100 and 200$ since its launch.
11-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I have seen it for $1350 at some local camera shops in Vancouver, BC
11-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
rhe
Closed Account

It was $1350 on Wednesday at Downtown Camera on Queen Street in Toronto.

11-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies to all of you this far.
Well, guess what? Here in a particular store in Quebec, the price has stayed the same ever since the K7 came available. I have asked the manager of that store why he didn't adjust his prices according to the general offers and he says (no joke!):

I didn't know that the price of the K7 had come down; where did you see that?

So, now I will guide right to the link above when I go back in that store.
Thanks again for the replies.

JP
11-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #6

I suggest Canadians deal with prodigital2000 off ebay, they operate out of carman's foto in Ontario...but they had the cheapest price out of any place I looked!
11-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Thanks for the replies to all of you this far.
Well, guess what? Here in a particular store in Quebec, the price has stayed the same ever since the K7 came available. I have asked the manager of that store why he didn't adjust his prices according to the general offers and he says (no joke!):

I didn't know that the price of the K7 had come down; where did you see that?

So, now I will guide right to the link above when I go back in that store.
Thanks again for the replies.

JP
It seems, looking at the link, that they have a sample size of precisely two Canadian stores. One's got a web store plus a grand total of one brick and mortar location, and the other has a web-store and ties to three brick and mortar locations, all within one city. Unless they're tracking a lot more stores that aren't mentioned (and I'd guess from the coarseness of the graph, that they aren't) then it's hardly a scientific confirmation of typical Canadian pricing.

12-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
It seems, looking at the link, that they have a sample size of precisely two Canadian stores. One's got a web store plus a grand total of one brick and mortar location, and the other has a web-store and ties to three brick and mortar locations, all within one city. Unless they're tracking a lot more stores that aren't mentioned (and I'd guess from the coarseness of the graph, that they aren't) then it's hardly a scientific confirmation of typical Canadian pricing.
I think I got lucky!
Here's the deal:
$1400 Cdn ... No Tax Sale AND a discount of $50.00. So that is rather good, since the original price was $1499 plus taxes and NO discount.
That's a saving of roughly $260.00 ... not bad.
12-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

That's insane, a 20D is $600 used ...... it's still an APS-C sensor (a poor one at that).
12-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
That's insane, a 20D is $600 used ...... it's still an APS-C sensor (a poor one at that).
Insane... in what sense? If you are saying the price is too high, I agree. But I am not waiting another six months for the price to go under $1000 Cdn. Of course, by then the K7x will be out!

Last edited by jpzk; 12-01-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: added info
12-02-2009, 06:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Yeah it's too much, that's $800 for a spirit level, less bulk and faster AF.
12-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
... and 100% viewfinder, improved AWB, improved AF accuracy under tungsten lighting, better tracking in AF.C mode, much better metering, faster burst rate, a video mode (which I don't personally care for, BTW), "composition adjustment" mode, and probably other stuff I forget.

It may not be worth it to you, but it is for others.
12-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
... and 100% viewfinder, improved AWB, improved AF accuracy under tungsten lighting, better tracking in AF.C mode, much better metering, faster burst rate, a video mode (which I don't personally care for, BTW), "composition adjustment" mode, and probably other stuff I forget.

It may not be worth it to you, but it is for others.
To clarify, I am more in praise of the 20D then bagging the K-7. Most of the items listed above are not an issue if you shoot raw and/or the 20D is damn customisable that it can be tweaked to work like a K7.

The faster AF and video interest me but really, the 10D was a ral boon when you think about it. A bit rough in places and that's why the 20D is a bit more refined but it's a heck of a photographers camera the 20D.
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Whatever ... I'll let you know how I like it, or not.
JP
12-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
To clarify, I am more in praise of the 20D then bagging the K-7. Most of the items listed above are not an issue if you shoot raw and/or the 20D is damn customisable that it can be tweaked to work like a K7.

The faster AF and video interest me but really, the 10D was a ral boon when you think about it. A bit rough in places and that's why the 20D is a bit more refined but it's a heck of a photographers camera the 20D.
I have both the K10 and K20D, so I am quite acquainted with them. The fact that I am spending too much (quote) is relative to what I am getting for the price.

I am not even interested in the video capabilities of the K7, just as stated earlier, there are other features not found on the K20D which I really like on the K7.
I still believe I am getting a good deal.
JP