Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #1

K20D, K7, Kx, or Lens?

Looking for real pro advise, let me start off by saying, yes money is a factor!

I'm a glamour photographer, you can see some of my work at Zenfolio | SLR Photography Sam Rambo

-I shoot with a K200D and have IST ds and K100 as backup.
-I love my hand grip battery pack
-I shoot 200 -300 shot per photo shoot

I love my lens I use for headshots, but space can be an issue for some of the more full body images. Is there a super sharp lens that would work well at 50mm I know it's not optimal, but some times you have to work with what you have.

I shoot Strobes, Low ISO, and I would like the fastest shutter speed that will still sync with my Wireless triggers.

First question: Different between the K20d, K7, and Kx

ISO? 100 or better
Max Trigger Sync Speed? 1/200? 1/160?
Shutter life? cycles?
Any known issues?

So money vs quality what is the best, if you just say K7 for no real reason, but because it is the best, I will reach through my computer and smack you silly. LOL

But I'm looking for real advise, I figure I can compensate for some of my issues on the full body by either going larger sensor, or better lens.

Give me your feedback please!

Thanks
Sam