Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #16
Forum Member

DealExtreme: $3.94 Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta

I got this and it work perfectly . At that time dealextreme had some online coupon which I ended up paying $2 for one .

12-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nicholas621 Quote
DealExtreme: $3.94 Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta
I got this and it work perfectly . At that time dealextreme had some online coupon which I ended up paying $2 for one .
Sorry to dredge this up, but any idea if this supports Bulb mode (one press opens shutter, one press closes it)?
I doubt it, but thought I'd ask...
12-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Sorry to dredge this up, but any idea if this supports Bulb mode (one press opens shutter, one press closes it)?
I doubt it, but thought I'd ask...
If it's the same one I bought on eBay, yes, certainly.

That action is available in the camera already. All you need to do is select that mode of operation, and then any old remote trigger will do the job:

Menu > C2 > Item 12: Remote Control Shooting in Bulb Mode > Select 'Mode 1' - 'Push remote control release button once to start exposure and a second time to end'.
12-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jerrymouse Quote
My random remote from ebay works too:
Hello,

i bought this from ebay, however i managed only to use the shutter button and nothing else!

Are there any settings in order to use all the buttons?

Thanks

12-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fekish Quote
Hello,

i bought this from ebay, however i managed only to use the shutter button and nothing else!

Are there any settings in order to use all the buttons?

Thanks
I think the shutter button is the only one that works; the W/T might work on Pentax powerzoom P&Ss (with DLSRs this is set on the zoom ring), the rest of the buttons are for other brands.
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #21
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh boy, and I bought this cause I thought it was fully working after I read this topic!
Thanks
01-13-2011, 06:11 AM - 1 Like   #22
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by carloscomendador Quote
Is it possible to use a computer as remote control for pentak k-x in order to make time-lapse videos?
Yessss! Take a look here to get tethered shooting with a K-x.

Jan.

07-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #23
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
And you can also use your Android phone to do it: PhotoIRmote | Control your DSLR using your android device

Jan.