Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Amazing you guys can send stuff back if you don't like it.
Seems a bit off really. Some poor sod gets a hand me down.
Any request for return would get a long laugh where I come from.

Pete
Don't think it will be resold as new, but some kind of open box deal or like the above poster mentioned.

Normally places charge a 15% restocking fee for an item like this. That way when they sell it as an open box with a discount, they don't lose money. I suppose Amazon is big enough to not charge a fee, and to me, is a selling point to attract business. I might have been able to get the camera a lot cheaper elsewhere, but I was willing to pay more through Amazon to have their level of service.

I also hit a sweet spot for the holiday shopping season. The return period for anything purchased after Nov. 1 has been extended until 30 days or so after Christmas day to give people a chance that receive something as a gift the ability to return it.

Last edited by TimothyB; 11-27-2009 at 10:43 PM.
11-28-2009, 02:18 AM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Amazing you guys can send stuff back if you don't like it.
Seems a bit off really. Some poor sod gets a hand me down.
Any request for return would get a long laugh where I come from.

Pete
oh yes. in my place, the seller would look at me like at a stupid or smth.

it does happens when we're going for warranty problems, but for "not likening it" i would love to see their faces )))

anyway, hope someday we'll have the same customer services you guys are familiar with...
12-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Anyone thinking of this, Amazon has it right now for $560.86, sold by Amazon, no tax in California.
Amazon.com: Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR with 2.7-inch LCD and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Lens (White): Camera & Photo

I just got mine in the mail today, called them and got them to lower the $601 price I paid to this. Also important if you bought from Amazon recently and want a price match.

I wonder if this is also not common practice for where others live But since Amazon has such a good return policy, it's better for them to match their own price during the return period, otherwise people could just return the item and buy it again, causing waste.
12-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #34
Inactive Account

I just ordered my Storm trooper K-x on Friday and can't wait to get it.
I also wanted to chime in about a great way to clean your camera
I always used denatured alcohol. (not the stuff to drink or buy at the drug store!)
Little on a clean rag and will get rid of most smudges and will not damage or yellow your equipment. I use it for almost everything, LCD Screens, plastics, and even lens.
DO NOT USE ANY CLEANING PRODUCTS CONTINING AMONIA!!
It will yellow and damage the UV coatings on most electronics.
Denatured Alcohol is cheap and available almost anywhere.
You can buy it at most home improvement shops in the paint department., hobby shops and painting supplier stores.

12-28-2009, 02:02 AM   #35
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stageseven88 Quote
I just ordered my Storm trooper K-x on Friday and can't wait to get it.
I also wanted to chime in about a great way to clean your camera
I always used denatured alcohol. (not the stuff to drink or buy at the drug store!)
Little on a clean rag and will get rid of most smudges and will not damage or yellow your equipment. I use it for almost everything, LCD Screens, plastics, and even lens.
DO NOT USE ANY CLEANING PRODUCTS CONTINING AMONIA!!
It will yellow and damage the UV coatings on most electronics.
Denatured Alcohol is cheap and available almost anywhere.
You can buy it at most home improvement shops in the paint department., hobby shops and painting supplier stores.
Good luck with the new K-X.

"Denatured Alcohol is cheap and available almost anywhere." It seems that is a bit of a problem. I have been searching for denatured alcohol for a camp-stove recently purchased. It is not available in Canada, that's for certain! I've even had friends check out Walmart and other stores in Michigan with no luck either. So maybe there is a 'Plan B' for cleaning solutions.