Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #16

I've been wondering, does the white K-x come with a white strap? It'd be pretty cool if it did, but I wouldn't mind the regular black pentax strap either x]

11-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nope, comes with black strip, nice and thick unlike the K-m version.
11-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just received mine. cheers. Took a shot of a quite messy center table...ISO 400, f2.0
Shot in RAW, picture resized to 1024/680

Second one is the 100% crop
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
11-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Yes, I can vouch that the white K-X looks good. The finish is somewhat shiny (not glossy though). Do I expect it to get dirty? Yes. Is it a big deal? No. That's because the somewhat shiny finish also allows for very easy cleaning (no, or minimal pores). Only future will tell.

I can't say I ordered mine blindly though. I went to B&H first to see one in person. As soon as the guy handed me their white sample, I was sold.

11-21-2009, 05:25 AM   #20
Veteran Member

The white K-x is really cool looking. At our Pentax monthly photo meet-up today there was actually one passerby who was intrigued and taken in with the white K-x that a few of our guys were using. After I did a quick run through of it's capabilities, he immediately asked where he could buy one for himself and for a friend of his. Found out he was a Canon user. Anyway the white K-x goes really well with people who like to wear dark or black tee shirts.

11-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #21

Just got mine last week, sold my *ist DL on ebay, but kept my Tamron 18-250. The white never fails to draw compliments/questions from people. Two big pluses so far: the focusing is lightening fast compared to the *ist, and the video is simply an amazing plus, especially with Tamron 18-250. I'm using a Sandisk 8GB extreme SDHC card.
11-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by TimothyB Quote
I noticed there's a k2000 white model, which even had a 2 lens kit with a white zoom lens. I wonder if there were any reports on that model too. I was worried about white after seeing what happens to Mac products that are white, where it just builds up an off white dirty color in the most touched areas.

Oh, do you say the body has a smooth finish? Not like the black model that has a bit of a bump texture to it?

It could be possible to have it delivered to the hotel I'm staying at. Hmm.
I have the white K-m. I bought it in June and so far it is not showing any signs of discoloration or smudges.

11-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I just went on a 2 day backpacking trip into the mountains. Without wipes, but just wiping my hands on my clothes after them being dirty, it still looks great
11-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
The white K-x is really cool looking. At our Pentax monthly photo meet-up today there was actually one passerby who was intrigued and taken in with the white K-x that a few of our guys were using. After I did a quick run through of it's capabilities, he immediately asked where he could buy one for himself and for a friend of his. Found out he was a Canon user. Anyway the white K-x goes really well with people who like to wear dark or black tee shirts.

Here is the passingby biker

11-23-2009, 02:12 AM   #25
Veteran Member

White and black K-x, all look beautiful:

But I do like the white one better:

11-23-2009, 05:03 AM   #26
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
As some said above, it's not totally glossy. The surface is smooth, but it doesn't attract smudge as easily as iphone/ipod. And it certainly will not get scratched as easily as those white notebook computer.
99% isopropyl alcohol wil clean almost everything with hard surface.
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I just took delivery of my very own Stormtrooper a few days ago, and have to admit that I'm quite smitten. Besides looking great, it feels wonderful in-hand and is a snappy performer. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my first DSLR purchase and don't regret choosing it over the K-7...yet.
11-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Original Poster
OP here. I finally ordered the white kit from Amazon. They had it for $601, no tax for CA, free 2 day shipping with Prime. Probably could of got it cheaper with cash back elsewhere, but I wanted the security Amazon.

I setup the return for the black kit with 200mm to Amazon. I actually have until Jan 31st to return it because of the extended holiday return period. Only $7 or so to return it, no restocking fee.
11-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TimothyB Quote
OP here. I finally ordered the white kit from Amazon. They had it for $601, no tax for CA, free 2 day shipping with Prime. Probably could of got it cheaper with cash back elsewhere, but I wanted the security Amazon.
Amazing you guys can send stuff back if you don't like it.
Seems a bit off really. Some poor sod gets a hand me down.
Any request for return would get a long laugh where I come from.

Pete
11-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Amazing you guys can send stuff back if you don't like it.
Seems a bit off really. Some poor sod gets a hand me down.
Any request for return would get a long laugh where I come from.

Pete
Even better for the next person, it'll likely end up being sold through the amazon warehouse deals as like new at a discount (at no cost to the original owner, and a lower price for the 2nd buyer, win win in my book!)