Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax Expedite Service

Called Pentax twice today about getting a general cleaning/calibration/overhaul on my abused K10D and found out they have an expedite service and one freebee on warranty!

Basically if you live in the USA (not sure anywhere else) and your K10D is under warranty you get a free cleaning/calibration and for 10 day max turn-around time they ask for a $40 charge. I would say that is probably the best service on the market right there. They will also do expedite on any repairs for $40 extra on your bill so I would say Pentax is getting on top of things.

A point I need to mention also is that the two different reps I talked to on the phone both said the same thing and they also said that they are working on getting a pro service with super fast turn-around time! If they do implement this pro service I'd say We'd snag over a few more photogs and build up a nice little group of people that wouldn't normally look this way.

Well, time to find myself a second body to use while my K10D is out for less than two weeks so I'll be hunting for a DS or K100 to increase my coolness factor two-fold!

06-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the info Chris.

I hope that Canada offers such a service, and includes it on the K100 as well.
My cameras getting kind of dirty inside after numerous lens changes
06-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #3

Thanks, that's really good to know.

Being one of the early adopters...(I got one of the first K10D's off the boat last November) I still have time to get the free service....and since I have 2 (yes 2) K10D bodies , I can probably put one in for a checkup. Need to get a K100D though, so that I have a walkaround camera for my 21mm.

Again, great info.

PS
06-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard rumors of the Expedited Service, but could not find it on their web site. I wish I knew it was for real last March, I waited 3 weeks for the quote then 3 weeks for the repair. I'd gladly pay $40 for faster turnaround. Fortunately I had a second K1x0D to use while waiting.

06-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
oRs

There is something in Germany : it's called «Basis-Check gratis!»

In the five years, you can have one «check» for free. It includes a «function check», one «sensor cleaning», and firmware pgrade.

Again, it's a «one shot», but it is already something.

See here ...