Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Now that Pentax is having so much of this K-x selling again, I just hope that the accessories makers would start making their wares for Pentax again!
I'm really tired of looking for accessories only to end up finding out it is only available for Nikon or Canon or Sony..or even the occasional Olympus!

I also hope this brings down the prices of Pentax lenses as they can now produce them in bulk!

11-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to all the new comers with the k-x.. I am sure they will enjoy their new toy.

I noticed that the prices on older MF lens have gone up a bit lately on fleabay, perhaps the new comers are starting to get into the old k-mount primes.
11-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
I also hope this brings down the prices of Pentax lenses as they can now produce them in bulk!
I am envisioning a store with giant bins lining the walls, full of lenses that you scoop up and drop in plastic bags to be tied up and weighed - lenses by the ounce...
11-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Congratulations to all the new comers with the k-x.. I am sure they will enjoy their new toy.

I noticed that the prices on older MF lens have gone up a bit lately on fleabay, perhaps the new comers are starting to get into the old k-mount primes.
They already shot up (prices like at the start of the year), and more and more are paying for ridiculous prices on fleabay.
I don't even bid anymore on an "A" 50mm f1.7 when the price goes above $50.
Now even the "M" ones are going beyond the $60 mark! Yaiks!

11-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #50

I am a new k-x user, actually new to DSLR world. After reading a lot of good reviews and feedback I purchased it.

I have one question though, if I turn the camera upside down or rotate it slowly, I can here a noise or something like a loose object moving inside the camera whether it's on or not and with or without a lense attached. Is this normal? Sorry if I am too paranoid, I just received the camera today and I don't want to have any issues with it. I already did a few shots out of the box and it seems working properly.

Thanks.
11-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #51

Quick question. Is it normal to hear a noise inside of this camera when you turn it upside down or turn it? The noise is like a lose moving object inside the camera body whether its on or off and with or without lense. I just received the camera today and a little bit paranoid.
11-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The sound is that's of the Shake Reduction mechanism. Nothing wrong with your camera. Perfectly normal.
11-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
yeah thats the sensor moving with gravity, since its floating.

11-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
yeah thats the sensor moving with gravity, since its floating.
Which i have said about 12 billion times that Pentax needs to put a note ina very obvious place on the packaging as I am sure it turns away prospective buyers. It sounds awful when you no idea what it is.
11-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #55
Veteran Member

The K-x Brought Me To This Forum

I moved from a Pentax SLR to a digital point & shoot when there were very few mega pixels lol Never made the leap to DSLR till I bought my now defunct K 10-D. Loved it until I dropped it and my DA 55-300 lens and damaged them both. ( just call me grace) Can't believe I never found this forum until I was researching the K-x...but I'm so glad I did! Everyone here has been so friendly and helpful that I feel right at home I'm really enjoying my new K-x and all the encouragement I've been getting here. So...thanks everyone!
11-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Which i have said about 12 billion times that Pentax needs to put a note ina very obvious place on the packaging as I am sure it turns away prospective buyers. It sounds awful when you no idea what it is.
Yeah your right. It feels like something is loose inside
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #57

brand new Pentaxian and new to the dslr community. i had a photog buddy pushing Nikon on me hard but the K-x just couldn't be beat, bang for buck. I just got the 18-55mm kit lens and since then (i've had it three weeks), i bought a MINT Promaster AF 70-200mm on fleabay for $5.50 (i know, only a Promaster but jeez, it's a helluva lens for less than six bucks) and a MINT Pentax SMC-A 50mm f/1.7 on Craigslist for 60 bucks.

i've also picked up a tripod and will look at future purchases of the Tamaron 18-200mm to replace my kit DAL as well as possibly the 40mm f/2.8 "pancake" and/or the DA* 55mm f/1.4. Maybe a flash too. but i've promised myself not to spend anymore money on it till i pay the camera off first!

any suggestions or comments on the above equipment would be greatly appreciated.

cheers and happy shooting!

Tom
11-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #58
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My suggestion would be to slap the 50/1.7 on your K-x and go take pictures. Lots of pictures. Get a feel for 1) what you are capable of as a photographer and 2) what your new camera can do. Then grow together before submitting to LBA (Lens Buying Addiction).

Jack
11-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #59

Hi. Thanks for the answers above.

What do you think of K-x and pentax smc da* 50-135mm combination? Anyone tried that already? I heard a lot of good reviews about the lens and I am tempted to get one.
11-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Dangermouse - I've been using Pentax gear for a good 3 years plus, and have to say the prices on used lenses being dirt cheap sailed long before I purchased my *istDL! I've seen discussions about people buying Pentax lenses so cheap earlier in the decade it would make your eyes go crossed. The deals are out there still, but mostly sitting in someone's basement or at the back of the shelf at local pawn shops for us to discover!
In 2002, before I knew what I was looking at, there were FIVE A*85/1.4's in the KEH circular that sat there, and sat there, and sat there - IIRC, they wanted $139 and they didn't sell forever.

If only I knew then what I know now.