Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hands on KX in Omaha, Ne

I am making a day trip to Omaha, Ne. this Saturday and would really like to get my hands on a KX ( in person ). Pentax's store locator is a joke. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great. A name will do I can always mapquest the address. Thanks

11-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Best advice would be to call several of the shops you are familiar with. You won't find it in any big electronics store (unless maybe there is a Fry's there? I've heard they carry it but thought they are only in Cali).

Edit: if you just want to feel the ergonomics, you can also try and find a Km, same body.
11-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, I had my mind made up on a K20d then the KX came out, and with the high ISO and the track lighting and the distance I can get to the racers ( or should I say the distance I WANT to get to the racers ) needless to say it peeked my interest. I just want to spend my money wisely.
11-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It is a tough call between those cameras! I personally take my time with photos - the K20 does give quicker access to overall functions, but for the limited amount of direct button access, the Kx does make up for this with having a secondary rear screen menu that is easy to navigate and gives you access to AF functions, shooting/filter modes, metering, jpg/raw and a bunch of other things I can't think of at the moment! It also does have a faster (albeit shorter length) burst - sounds like you want to use it for some sporting events - higher FPS could be an advantage in that respect.

Personally, if the Kx were sealed, I probably would have no reason to keep the K20 except...My wife enjoys photography quite alot too, so we will share them both and they make a great compliment (and it is nice to have a backup, as well as being able to ditch our p&s, which was pretty much for short video clips). Having the Kx only for a couple weeks, I would be hard pressed to give up either of them! (that isn't much help, is it, haha).

If you like video at all, its a no brainer - I can take one of my fast fifties out at night with low street lighting and take properly exposed video, it is amazing to be frank!

11-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
Inactive Account

rockbrook has a few pentax k20 but other wise I haven't seen them anywhere else in omaha, i have only been to the rockbrook on 108/center but there are three other locations. the big boxes ie nfm,bestbuy,sams,costco don't carry them at all. I feel very alone here maybe one day someone will start carring pentax here
Good Luck if you find anything please post