Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
owners of k-200d and k-x???

afternoon all.... for all those who are shooting with a k200d and a new k-x....
looking for these owners to compare and contrast the 2, for both jpeg and raw pics.... also, please note how much post processing has been done....
do you find less p.p. with the new k-x vs the k200d?????
..... i'm waiting for the black friday and xmas deals here in the states.... i have a k200d... but itching to add the k-x.......
thanks !! dave m......

11-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think this big K200D/K-x thread has some good discussion on this issue.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/79817-why-would-yo...ighlight=k200d

Personally, I rarely do any PP, so I may not be the best to provide comments on PP with either camera, but I find the K-x produces images in JPG or RAW that do seem to have more PP potential due to it's much wider dynamic range.
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
k-x and k200d owners... real world experience..

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think this big K200D/K-x thread has some good discussion on this issue.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/79817-why-would-yo...ighlight=k200d

Personally, I rarely do any PP, so I may not be the best to provide comments on PP with either camera, but I find the K-x produces images in JPG or RAW that do seem to have more PP potential due to it's much wider dynamic range.
there's been quite a bit of discussion regarding theoretical capabilities of these 2 camera bodies... but i'm hoping to have actual owners of the 2 compare and contrast their shooting experiences with them....
i've been mostly satisfied with my k200d, and would keep it no matter what.... but since the pricing of the k-x is so attractive, and so much less than a k-7 (drool)... that's what i'm setting my sights on.... but i've got to keep myself under some $$ restraint..... yeah, i can give my wife the k-x for xmas instead of the diamond earrings she wants... yeah, that's the ticket.... lol...i'd be a dead man...
11-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If you want to compare and contrast the two cameras for both JPEG and RAW pics, you could also pixel peep the Imaging Resource Image Samples and/or download sample image files for each camera in RAW format and do some PP comparisons of your own with the RAW's:
K-x:
Pentax K-x Digital Camera Samples - Hands-On Preview - The Imaging Resource!
K200D:
Pentax K200D Digital Camera Samples - Review - The Imaging Resource!

That should give you a good feel for any differences in working with the output from both cameras in PP.