Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #1

Kx dust reduction system

I am so tempted to now opt for the Kx as opposed to a K20D, for various reasons (not relevant here).

However one feature which I haven't found much info on is the dust removal system on the Kx; how more advanced and hopefully improved, is this feature compared to my K100D, for example? How does the system incorporated by the Kx compare with the higher spec models?

Any assistance in removing/detecting those nasty dust particles would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Adrian

11-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In the K-x (and K200D) dust removal is just via sensor shaking, and human intervention . The same may be true for the K20D.

The K-7 has a more advanced system of applying ultrasonic vibrations to the filter on the front surface of the CMOS sensor.

Not sure how that all compares to the K100D.
11-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Word on the street is every generation sensor shaking has gotten slightly better but still not all that great. And the K-7 is in a (probably) different league than every other DSLR except those from Olympus.

I set my K-x to do it on startup and every so often I just use a blower. Not that I have ever seen a spec of dust in my pictures, but thats how I am.
12-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Word on the street is every generation sensor shaking has gotten slightly better but still not all that great. And the K-7 is in a (probably) different league than every other DSLR except those from Olympus.

I set my K-x to do it on startup and every so often I just use a blower. Not that I have ever seen a spec of dust in my pictures, but thats how I am.
Thanks folks!