Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #1

Just buy Pentax k-x and report with Apacer 8GB class6 . [work great]

Hello everyone

I just buy pentax k-x (white) last week. This is my 1st DSLR (and pentax) after longtime compact camera, and yes..... i am a completely noob.https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

At First, I consider D90 is my 1st DSLR. but when k-7 announce with greate feature and same price in my country (Thailand), I will go for k-7 even though high iso noise and greenline problem. My target is k-7 + DA55-300 which I want to buy before Christmas.

It is a pentax fault to announce k-x before christmas.
1. high iso seem better than any APS-C format and low iso not bad at all.
2. The white look great.
3. 55-300 (cheap version) kit lense and white. In half price of K-7 + 55-300.
4. NiMH battery is some worry for me but i will test in the shop i buyhttps://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif.

After white k-x come to the shop, they take 55-300 from the black version and yes, whole package is same price as black and waranty too.

The battery i test is GP recyco+ and sanyo eneloops. after regonize, all green

No more wating. I buy it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I test with Apacer 8GB Class 6 which cheaper than sandisk extreme III (3 times in my country)
-In movie mode 1280x720 max quality+sound , no problem it can record more than 3 minutes (I stop at 3 minutes test)
-In continueous Hi JPEG, 17 shots and slow around 1-2 FPS somtime stop more than 1 sec.
-In continueous Hi Raw (DNG), 5 shots and very slow 0.5-1 FPS somtime stop more than 1.5 sec.
-In continueous Lo JPG, ~2FPS at 27 shot and stop 1 sec and go 2 FPS around 5 shot.

Well, this card is a good performance at price, I just copy 250 MB file to test in apacer card reader which complete in 24 sec. So this card can be rate at class 10 SDHC.

BTW. 16GB class 6 May perform worst than 8GB class6 in same brand.

thankyou for reading.

11-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks for that report and welcome to Pentax Forums.

You obviously thought carefully about your choice of camera and I am sure you will not be disappointed with the K-x. I too was thinking about a D90, then the K7, before I bought my K-x. Aside from performing very well as a camera, I agree that the K-x also represents great value for money.

I am jealous that you have the white K-x and the 55-300 DAL. In Australia that lens - for some mysterious reason - is not available.
11-22-2009, 04:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I would love to see some images taken with this camera of your lovely country.

Initially you may be able to post it here as it is a new camera and then here is a post you photos section as well.