Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #1

K20d Histogram

Hi, if this has been covered before, please direct me to the appropriate thread. I just got a demo version of the K20D and I can't find the menu option to turn off histograms in the preview menu. This view is the one that happens right after you take a picture, not when I hit play and go look at my shots. At the moment, I have histogram turned off from wherever I can find it, such as the Digital Preview menu. I tried resetting all settings back to stock, no dice. Any ideas? Thanks

11-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Joel.
A simple method is to hit the info button during playback to switch from just image, to image + some EXIF, to image + histogram, to small image + full EXIF in the LCD display. The one you leave it on will be the new defaulted instant review view.

For complete removal, check your manual under histogram or Playback preview.
The menu setting you're after is under the Playback menu list headed "Histogram".
Toggle off and you should be able to remove the option altogether.
See if that works.
11-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
Found it!

Ash, thanks for that response, though I believe I sent you the wrong way as I used the wrong descriptive wording.

So, in the playback menu, Instant Review is not a single option, but a sub-menu. The histogram on/off setting was in there. It was sitting right there all the time. D'oh. Anyways, I did a full reset of the camera and as I was resetting everything I found that out.

Though, I didn't know about leaving the playback setting as the default one, that's pretty cool, actually.