Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lukevega Quote
for people that have used bing cashback, my payment is still pending; so, i am guessing that's why the cashback is still not showing up in my bing account, right? i'm always paranoid about stuff like this, ha!
Got mine yesterday from Prodigital. WooHoo! To get Bing to acknowledge cash back, I had to go to my messages on Ebay (it said something like "you have qualified for such and such cash back) and follow instructions from there.

11-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I'm seeing Bing offering 15% cashback on Walmart's price of $649.95 = $552.46. Very tempting....
I would have gone the Walmart route except for the higher pricing than eBay and then having to pay sales tax.
11-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #48

bought the white kit on the ebay, using cashback

pretty good deal!

anyone has received the money in paypal account or we need to wait for 60 days?
why i'm asking, cause on another forum people say that if you're using paypal, the cashback is often instant.
11-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #49
Inactive Account

It is instant if the seller uses eBay's own payment system. I'm not really sure if you can see this before you actually click "Buy it now." prodigital does not, so there's a 60 day wait until you can transfer the money from Bing to your Paypal account.

11-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #50

the seller i bought the kit from, did used ebay's checkout system. and still, i need to wait for 60 days.
11-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #51
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregor Quote
Got mine yesterday from Prodigital. WooHoo! To get Bing to acknowledge cash back, I had to go to my messages on Ebay (it said something like "you have qualified for such and such cash back) and follow instructions from there.
yea, i did, and it's there, but it says it's pending, and there is still 59 days left. i'm wondering if in the next couple of days it will be available. if it is, i'll update!
11-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
.... with bing.com, 15% cash back from walmart, the k-x body is 599.99, 90 bucks off !!!!
you can apply for walmart credit, and if approved, can pay over 12 months....
11-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #53

I just ordered mines from ebay, beachcamera for $599 - 10% cash back from bing. 10mins later $59.90 was put back into my paypal account. I searched "pentax kx" through Bing, the ebay link should be near the top saying 10%. Also when you're on the auction page there should be a "cashback 10%" image thing on the top. you'll need a bing and paypal account! now i just need to wait for shipping to Hawaii. dang.....

11-28-2009, 02:11 AM   #54

i bought from beachcamera, too! (on eBay)

but my cashback shows that i have to wait 60 days. anyway, nice bargain!
11-28-2009, 04:26 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
clarification, with walmart, the k-x body is 599.99, with 15 % bing cashback...
hence the net should be about 510.00 bucks here in the us...
happy holidays to all...... hey santa... you paying attention ??????
11-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The best deal out there right now that I'm aware of is $525 for the 18-55 kit (including 10% cash back) from prodigital2000 on eBay. The cash back is not instant, however.
12-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #57
Inactive Account

I just posted this:
White Pentax K-x 12.4 MP DSLR with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Lens $560.86 from Amazon - Forums

The White K-x kit for $560.86 sold by Amazon. So a good source, extra holiday return window with no restocking fees, no tax in CA.
12-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #58
Inactive Account

Just pick up the K-x with 2 lens, bag kit from ebay. $656 after Bing cash back. Looked like a good deal.
12-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by TimothyB Quote
I just posted this:
White Pentax K-x 12.4 MP DSLR with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Lens $560.86 from Amazon - Forums

The White K-x kit for $560.86 sold by Amazon. So a good source, extra holiday return window with no restocking fees, no tax in CA.

hi, i registered for the first time just to be able to respond to the claim that amazon will "price match" its new price. it won't. i bought the kx on november 16. it arrived november 23. i called after reading the above today to ask about getting the new price. i spoke to three different people and was told absolutely not. it's a great cam and i am not unhappy with having gotten it in mid-november and paying the price i paid, but anyone who bought earlier from amazon and now has expectations of benefitting from the price drop could be disappointed.
12-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #60
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by patk Quote
hi, i registered for the first time just to be able to respond to the claim that amazon will "price match" its new price. it won't. i bought the kx on november 16. it arrived november 23. i called after reading the above today to ask about getting the new price. i spoke to three different people and was told absolutely not. it's a great cam and i am not unhappy with having gotten it in mid-november and paying the price i paid, but anyone who bought earlier from amazon and now has expectations of benefitting from the price drop could be disappointed.
Sorry to hear that. I placed my order on Nov. 27th I think, 2 day Prime shipping, and shipped after the weekend, so it arrived on Dec. 1st.

I called that number, and told someone an order I just received dropped in price and I'd like a price match guarantee. He never hesitated to check if this was allowed or not.

They asked for my name, e-mail. Followed by my account name and once again confirmed name, then billing address.

The guy looked up my recent order, looked at the price it was now, quoting it to me, then quoted me what I paid, followed by the difference. The whole time the guy was nice, even seemed excited it was such a difference. Asked me if I got this to take family photos for the holidays. I haven't checked online to see if my visa was credited yet.

Now, when your order was placed, was it sold by Amazon, or from a third party store through Amazon? I went by what I read online about Amazon's secret price guarantee, since they don't advertise it, but was really out of date, so I wasn't sure if they did it anymore. You'd think they'd want to in order to reduce returns. Unless some crazy reason price guarantee is for Prime accounts, which I have a trial for, and was never mentioned.

Can you return your order and reorder it? Under the return options, they let you pick from various reasons, one is for a price difference or something, not sure what happens next. Depending on the reason, you will or will not have to pay return shipping, which could be $7.25 or so and you print the labels. Any order placed on or after Nov. 1st can before returned as late as Jan 31st. If it's a huge difference, maybe return it. Unless again it wasn't sold and shipped by Amazon.

Last edited by TimothyB; 12-02-2009 at 05:49 PM.