Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #31
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Yeah! Expensive stuff sell well that is why K-x is having a heyday..
People who originally wanted a K7 are now opting to buy K-x instead.
Don't bother talking like this. You have no data to back you up.

11-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #32
Veteran Member

So, camera companies produce more professional model ones than their entry level ones????
It's all about marketing.
11-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dubious Drewski Quote
The reason I feel slightly cheated is that over the years, the K10, K20 and now the K7 have shown no real jumps in noise performance. Now suddenly the kx gets a sensor from a new manufacturer and with it a massive improvement in image quality, both in high and low iso ranges. And this camera was released quite quickly after the K7 was.

As a wedding photographer, I can assure you, clean iso 6400 would be useful for every single job. I am currently forced to use it all the time. When you're forced to shoot f2.8 and 1/50th, and the camera still needs iso 3200 to get the exposure, then clean iso 3200 and 6400 are essential. Like I already said. I do not WANT it, I NEED it.
BUT the jump from the *ist series to the K10D was huge!

Higher-resolution sensors obviously have more trouble with noise. The extra 2.5 megapixels aren't much, but they still leave their mark on ISO performance. While I'm not complaining about the K-7's sensor, as the CMOS technology is far better than CCD, I'd agree that Pentax should make more bodies available for every kind of application (*cough* with a full-frame at the top of the lineup *cough*).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #34

A K-7x would be great, don't get me wrong, and I'd probably buy one over a K-7. But, if I *needed* ISO 6400 for work purposes, I would probably just buy a 7D or go FF.

11-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #35

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Riktar Quote
I have been quite happy with my decision to buy into the Pentax (K20D) system after having shot Canon (40D), Sigma (SD14), and Nikon (D90).

While I was hoping for faster auto focusing with a (possible) K-7 purchase after the holidays, me thinks I will wait to see if the "new fangled" sensor gets into the K30D, K-8, etc.

Sits firmly on the fence.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
K-x with K-x's sensor will never be.
I am assuming you meant to say K-7 with a K-x sensor will never be. Maybe I should have elaborated my post to indicate that the "technology" in the K-x sensor would make it into the K30d, K-8 WITH increased resolution/physical size.
11-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Count me among those that think the K7 body with the K-X circuitry would be a slam dunk. I'd buy one as soon as possible, and I'd pay what the K7 goes for now.
11-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Slowpoke Rodriguez Quote
Count me among those that think the K7 body with the K-X circuitry would be a slam dunk. I'd buy one as soon as possible, and I'd pay what the K7 goes for now.
That's a K20D :tongue:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dubious Drewski Quote
Don't bother talking like this. You have no data to back you up.
I bought a kx instead of a k7

I am just holding out for a k8 though.