Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Couldn't have the time to take some photos, I just was testing, I hope tomorow I'll do that..

silent shutter really is exceptional, at least after K20d..

I'll update this thread with some new pics after my first out to take photos..

11-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
A friend visited me and I showed her my new camera and took this picture in a hurry therefore..

this picture was taken extremely incorectly..
however.. the result is exceptionaly good.

it was taken with a popup flash and ISO was on auto 100-1600 so it chose 1600

usualy when I had such thing with other cameras, the pictures were unpleasant, but this one.. judge for your self..

well, I think why don't pentax implement such a thing, for example, if you shoot with a popup flash.. they should do something about auto ISO, at least make it double less sensitive.. for example if your'e using popup flash, and left ISO on auto, with flash it should make not 1600 but 800..

in a situation, where 800ISO would be nedded, if popup flash is used, it would make 400.. simple formula, which could be easily implemented via firmware update... would anyone object this? I have this Idea already for a year.. and wondering don't others think similarly? would it have some negative side to it?

raw developed in lightroom, smoothed the skin on her face and vignetting added,
default noise reduction - 25 color. no luminance. exposure not edited. no crop (thanks to 100% ovf), resize.

11-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mystic Quote
No, Jpzk, I didn't buy a battery grip. Without a grip it fits perfectly to my hand.
I did not try a grip, I do not know how it would, however I do plan to get the battery grip in the future, because I do weddings, and vertical shooting is quite common.
I think that you will like the grip as I see more and more K7 users having it, and liking it a lot!
I did order the K7 today!! And the grip.
But ... I also took some pics with a demo, inside the store, at 1600/2000 ISO ... was not very happy with the noisy results but ... I could see more details from the K7 pics when looking at 100% enlargements vs. those of the K20D.
I suppose noise reduction doesn't work the same and that it could be handled quite nicely, using a dedicated software such as Noiseware Pro or Helicon Software.
JP