Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-7 reviewed - Best D SLR 2009

TrustedReviews Awards 2009 - TrustedReviews - TrustedReviews

Trusted Reviews rated the K-7 best SLR 2009

12-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Forum Member

Thanks for the link. No surprise here. Pentax is one of the most under rated camera companies out there (even more so than Olympus, who also makes excellent cameras). Hopefully soon, I will be getting a K-7 to sit along side my Canon EOS 50D and Olympus E-300.

Take Care and May God Bless!

Ed
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to see and a camera very worth of praise!

Just don't tell my K20D I said so
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We kvetch about the high-iso performance, but many of us tend to forget how great a camera that K-7 really is.

I was in a camera store last week looking at some lenses and happened to try a Canon 50D, shooting my little guy in dim light as he played at a train table they always have set up. I then tried a K-7 they had. Even with the kit lens, the K-7 was just incredibly responsive, locking focus quickly and accurately, white balance was near perfect, SR advantage was visible in the shots... Just an extremely satisfying camera to shoot.

If everyone looking to buy a DSLR was able to walk into a camera store and try both the 50D and K-7... I just bet the K-7 would win over the majority of them right there. I think that would be true compared to most of Nikon's APS-C lineup too.

12-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
We kvetch about the high-iso performance, but many of us tend to forget how great a camera that K-7 really is.

I was in a camera store last week looking at some lenses and happened to try a Canon 50D, shooting my little guy in dim light as he played at a train table they always have set up. I then tried a K-7 they had. Even with the kit lens, the K-7 was just incredibly responsive, locking focus quickly and accurately, white balance was near perfect, SR advantage was visible in the shots... Just an extremely satisfying camera to shoot.

If everyone looking to buy a DSLR was able to walk into a camera store and try both the 50D and K-7... I just bet the K-7 would win over the majority of them right there. I think that would be true compared to most of Nikon's APS-C lineup too.

The Pentax K-7 is a very quick, responsive camera. The Canon 50D is very good also, but the K-7 does seem a little quieter and smoother. The shutter noise on the K-7 is definately quieter then on the 50D. If Pentax spent more money on advertising, their sales would increase quite a bit. This is the biggest reason why Canon and Nikon are the top two sellers (not because they are better then Pentax). My adventure with Pentax started with the Pentax *ist DS and I was so impressed with the picture quality, that the Pentax K-7 is about to join my two other cameras very soon (Olympus E-300 & Canon EOC 50D). Pentax and Olympus are two of the most under rated camera companies going, that out shine Canon and Nikon in quite a few areas. Olympus first DSLR with dust reduction and Pentax with first successful AS system (I prefer the AS in the body not the lens/then I can use any lens and get the AS). It is a shame that only camera people know of the great benefits Pentax has to offer.

Take Care and May God Bless!

Ed