Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
Dom

OH crap! Just brought another camera.

I'm going on a three week tour around Ireland in a few months so I wanted a camera that can do video as well as my K20D for stills.
Anyway despite my utter disdain for video on DSLR's. I walked into my local Pentax stockiest and walked out with a K-7 with grip (they must love me in there). It's a great felling camera and with my already extensive lens collection will make for a very powerful camera combination. Later on in the day I brought two second hand lenses as well.

I do have one question. How do you get optical preview with 'M' lenses, I've got it using digital preview?

Last edited by Dom; 12-04-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Spelling again! :(
12-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter

holy crap.....

You actually have a local camera store AND they stock Pentax?? Now that is news !! Time for me to move.....

Congrats on the purchase too!!
12-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Dom Quote

I do have one question. How do you get optical preview with 'M' lenses, I've got it using digital preview?
If it's like the K100D, first you need to navigate through the menu and set the preview mode to ''optical'' instead of ''digital preview''

Then to preview, you set the aperture ring on the lens, focus and rotate the trigger switch to the preview position
12-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dom Quote
I'm going on a three week tour around Ireland in a few months so I wanted a camera that can do video as well as my K20D for stills.
Anyway despite my utter disdain for video on DSLR's. I walked into my local Pentax stockiest and walked out with a K-7 with grip (they must love me in there). It's a great felling camera and with my already extensive lens collection will make for a very powerful camera combination. Later on in the day I brought two second hand lenses as well.

Congrats on your new camera, hope you enjoy it. Do you need to set the "enable aperture ring" setting on the K7 ?

PS don't give up on the spelling, at least three more to go ;-)

12-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
Dom

QuoteOriginally posted by manteiv Quote
If it's like the K100D, first you need to navigate through the menu and set the preview mode to ''optical'' instead of ''digital preview''

Then to preview, you set the aperture ring on the lens, focus and rotate the trigger switch to the preview position
Actually I think it's just the one lens that's being a silly bugger, I tried another of my 'M' lenses and it worked fine. The silly bugger lens works on my K20D though.

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunneruk Quote
Congrats on your new camera, hope you enjoy it. Do you need to set the "enable aperture ring" setting on the K7 ?

PS don't give up on the spelling, at least three more to go ;-)
Think it's just the one lenses that's being a pain.

Spelling has never been one of my strong suits so I leave it to the professionals.