Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-x Is there a way to turn LCD into manual on/off?

Hi all,

I find the back LCD screen distracting when it lights up in the middle of snapping a few consecutive shots. At least its nice 'n bright!

Is there a setup mode to manually control the screen, so it can be always off unless you push a designated button? I'd vote for the playback button. I rarely compose the a shot and adjust for exposure without looking through the VF the whole time.

Thanks,
Mugs

12-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #2

first off.. i think you posted in the wrong forum... but anyway, I think what you meant is have the LCD off unless you are in playback mode.... When you are in capture mode, press the info button twice turns off the LCD screen... and go into settings and disable instant review to make it always turn off when you are shooting...
12-04-2009, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
To supplement the blu3ness's reply, this may be useful:

QuoteQuote:
When I now start the K-x up, I get a blank screen at the back by default. When I shoot an image, no annoying instant review image comes up, nor anything else either. The power on LED on top of the camera is also off all the time, and there is also nothing displayed when I change mode dial settings.

• To turn off the back display status screen under capture mode, press the INFO button until you get a blank screen. It will stay blank until you turn the camera off or press another button.

• To have the camera start up with a blank status screen, make the screen blank by pressing the INFO button until the screen is blank, then go into the Menu, page 4, and under 'Memory', go to p2 and make sure the 'Shooting Info Display' item is ticked. Then exit the Menu and restart the camera. You will then always start up to a blank status screen.

• To turn off the Instant Review, goto Menu, p3 and turn off 'Instant Review'.

• To turn off the top LED, go to the Custom Menu, Item 20, and set the 'Power lamp' to off.

• To turn off the Mode Dial guide display as you change shooting modes, go into Menu > Settings > Guide Display, and set it to Off.
It took me a while to figure this all out, but now the camera is completely dark until I want it to show something.
And yes, wrong area of the site to ask the question.
12-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hahah... woops, just spent 5 mins looking for my thread in correct forum. Didnt realize I posted here. Thanks fellas!

12-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved