Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax Demo days in Southern California

Southern California residents have an opportunity to come check out the latest Pentax gear and talk shop with a Pentax Rep.

The weekend of 12/10-12/12 come visit So Cal area Samy's Camera stores.

an updated schedule will be posted in a follow up thread.

Happy shooting!

**Update**

As a Pentaxian, It comes with great honor to provide my insight and knowledge regarding my experiences using Pentax equipment in my professional work.

I will be on hand to demo the latest Pentax equipment and lenses at select Southern California SAMY'S Locations.

Schedule:

Thursday 12/10/09: Farifax 10-5
Friday: 12/11: Pasadena 9-12, Culver City 2-6
Saturday 12/12: Santa Ana 10-5

So Cal Pentaxians come out to check out the gear and talk shop!

Last edited by doc.mark.dimo; 12-10-2009 at 01:31 AM.
12-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
if they are holding one at the Santa Barbara store, I might have to make it a point to go...thanks!!

PS: why not just edit your post here when you have the schedule? No need for multiple threads on the same topic...
12-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For whoever goes, may I beg a request to the rep: Please please get Pentax to sort out their SDM problems for the sake of the DA* lenses. And don't let him retort back: "Problems? What problems?"
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
For whoever goes, may I beg a request to the rep: Please please get Pentax to sort out their SDM problems for the sake of the DA* lenses. And don't let him retort back: "Problems? What problems?"
You can't be serious? You really expect any response that is in any fashion meaningful? What color is the sky in your world. That is not how the corporate world and their marketing wonks operate and you know it...if I go, it's to handle some new gear and that's it. I might mention I had an SDM die a crib death and will not invest in further SDM lenses until the issue is addressed officially. but I certainly have no expectation of ANY meaningful answer.

12-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wish I didn't live so far away and could attend. Pentax has reps? Thought they were all gone.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #25 images in compact camera forum. Enter #26. Any brand camera. Any subject. Enter the 2nd anniversary contest now!
12-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Samy's is having a Pentax event? That's funny - in April I was told by employees of three different Samy's stores that Pentax was essentially out of business and that I should switch brands while my gear had any value whatsoever.

I wonder what their story will be on 12/13/09. One thing is for sure, they won't be telling it to me.
12-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
You can't be serious? You really expect any response that is in any fashion meaningful? What color is the sky in your world. That is not how the corporate world and their marketing wonks operate and you know it...if I go, it's to handle some new gear and that's it. I might mention I had an SDM die a crib death and will not invest in further SDM lenses until the issue is addressed officially. but I certainly have no expectation of ANY meaningful answer.
I'm not expecting an answer as to why the SDMs are dying like flies. That doesn't matter. What matters is that something is actively being done about it - and your intended comment touching on your own SDM experience is an indirect way of getting a response from the rep.

Whatever the case on the day, it would be interesting to hear from you after the meet up as to what the fellow says (generally).

12-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
I'm not expecting an answer as to why the SDMs are dying like flies. That doesn't matter. What matters is that something is actively being done about it - and your intended comment touching on your own SDM experience is an indirect way of getting a response from the rep.

Whatever the case on the day, it would be interesting to hear from you after the meet up as to what the fellow says (generally).
Trust me I agree with you 100000% on the whole SDM issue. In fact my own experience is what makes me NOT want another SDM lense until we see some sort of attempt by HoyaTax to address the matter. And I was going to buy three more SDM DA* lenses in addition to the 50-135 I had originally. I just wanted to be sure you weren't really expecting any response beyond what people have already heard.

BTW, as I recall last time Pentax did this, they did it on a schedule over a week or so and Ned Himself was at each event. In fact, it might have been at Samy's also but I remember they did not venture to Santa Barbara. I would need to search Ned's blog about it...as I recall it was about the time of the K-7 release.

And absolutely, if I can make a trip, I would definitely report back any info that seems new or interesting. I just think it would be fun and it's been a while since my last recreational trip to SB where I was not on a schedule.

it would actually be fun to meet Ned but not to talk cameras exclusively, but rather his glassware collection. I collect glassware from the same era as some of the pieces he has taken shots of and posted on his blog. Very rare stuff in his collection, some of which I also have the same pieces. These days not a lot of folks have an appreciation for these old pieces.

EDIT: Found the previous K-7 Tour...was not at Samys but various CA locations:

http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html

Last edited by brecklundin; 12-06-2009 at 12:52 PM.