Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone in Maine with a K7 or kx?

Hi all:

I am thinking of geting a second body by the end of the year. I have a k20d.

Anyone in Maine have either a K7 or Kx?

I am not sure I can tempt with too much on my end.....oh, I just purchased a 31 Limited!!!

If anyone is relatively local (Central Maine)--within a couple/few hours drive-- it would be great to meet in any event.

Thanx so much.

Gregg

12-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by lawjbm Quote
Hi all:

I am thinking of geting a second body by the end of the year. I have a k20d.

Anyone in Maine have either a K7 or Kx?

I am not sure I can tempt with too much on my end.....oh, I just purchased a 31 Limited!!!

If anyone is relatively local (Central Maine)--within a couple/few hours drive-- it would be great to meet in any event.

Thanx so much.

Gregg
I have K-x and live in greater Portland area. Anything specific you would like to know?
12-07-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanx for the reply

Hi:

I am doing some studio work and location work and have a k20d. I use off camera flashes and Cybersync triggers. I am looking to get a second/back-up camera and thought the K7 was a bit too expensive for what I need, especially since it appears to have similar image quality to the k20d.

I went to Hunts in Portland and played with the K7 a bit, but not really long enough to make any conclusions. I was wondering about the auto focus speed of the kx and overall ease of use. High ISO is nice, but I generally do not go above 800 and for studio I keep it at 100 or 200, but there always is an exception.

How do you like the kx and do you use it for pleasure or for work/studio work?

How is the autofocus speed--this is an issue for the k20d, even in a studio environment?

Thanx so much.

Gregg
12-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #4

Gregg Asked

How is the autofocus speed--this is an issue for the k20d, even in a studio environment?

I find the autofocus speed, even in low light, to be very good. I just shoot for personal use. Here is a link to some K-x pics I shot recently at Sturbridge Village: several at iso 6400.

Picasa Web Albums - Spencer - Sturbridge Vi...

12-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
See here

Maine Nature Photos - Bar Harbor, Maine | Maine nature photography | Maine photography art | sea glass jewelry | Maine gifts | moose photographs | Maine wildlife photography | photography nature
I met her last summer and she uses Pentax bodies for her nature photography; she is located in Bar Harbor
12-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanx so much

Hi:

Thanx so much for the replies.

I appreciate your help.

Gregg