Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #1

K-X front / back focus correction, lens tested

There's a correction feature on K20D and K7.

K-X I haven't seen one.

Noticed some soft shots not properly focussed shots with a FA 50mm 1.4, daylight and night. Set to center focus.

Anyone notice this as being a problem or is every AF lens working perfect on the K-X body?

12-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No, there is no adjustment feature on the K-x. It's normal for cameras other than the K-7 to FF slightly in tungsten light, but if you are seeing FF of more than a millimeter or so in *controlled testing*, then your camera is defective and should be returned under warranty. However, I can't emphasize those words strongly enough "controlled testing", meaning you have taken careful and extensive steps to be sure the problem is not a simple matter of the amera choosing a different point to focus on than what you intended because the AF sensor is much broader than just a "point". I'd wager that 99% of all reported focus problems are just a case of the user not carefully controlling the test well enough. There has to be *nothing else* anywhere *near* the center of the picture in order to be sure the camera really picked the exact spot you intended.
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ea77 Quote
There's a correction feature on K20D and K7.

K-X I haven't seen one.

Noticed some soft shots not properly focussed shots with a FA 50mm 1.4, daylight and night. Set to center focus.

Anyone notice this as being a problem or is every AF lens working perfect on the K-X body?
debug mode

Pentax Kx / Pentax K-x AF adjustment through undocumented "debug mode"
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've tried about 8 lenses on my K-x, including the FA 50mm 1.4. No perceptible BF/FF to report with any of them so far. However I try not to confuse missed focus with FF/BF.

I have had lots of missed focus shots, especially under challenging light, or where I haven't been able to build up the DOF to a useful range, or where the subject was very busy and the AF latched on to the wrong area of contrasting detail, or where I've been unable to manually focus.