Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If there was any doubt about the robustness of K-7 sealing...

Check out the image found on the Pentax Russia site:

??????????? ? ??????? PENTAX / ?????-????? PENTAX /

Just look along the right side of the page...I seriously doubt Pentax would be able to deny any repair from water or other damage after using a shot like that one...assuming of course you don't dunk your camera into a mug bog w/o a lens or body cap in place., that's cheating!

BTW, there is another thread in the lenses section about the DFA 100/2.8 WR but this is about the claims that rinsing the body off under a faucet is risky. And I mean RINSING not power washing cuz these aren't pressure seals after all...

12-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe that is not an official pentax site, but rather a Russian Pentax distributor with Pentax in the web address name....I personally wouldn't want to have gone where there camera has been anyway!
12-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I believe that is not an official pentax site, but rather a Russian Pentax distributor with Pentax in the web address name....I personally wouldn't want to have gone where there camera has been anyway!
does not matter, it is up to Pentax to protect their brand. It's that simple. Anyway by your logic Pentax USA would be just a distributor as well.

And btw, the addy is www.pentax.ru it does not get any more explicit than that I would think.
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter