Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Why try to get a Nikon lens when the pentax equivalents are just as good and plentiful? No need to worry about things falling off... (I assume you meant the manual focus nikkors)

And if anyone got a pic of the reddy with a normal looking lens (like DA 10-17, Tamron 28-75, takumar 50mm, etc) would be appreciated... all pics I've seen of it is of the kitlens
Yeah for the most part i did mean the nikkor lenses and also because im new to photography for the most part so im not really current with other lenses except for nikon lenses because most of my friends have nikons and they're always telling me about them...this xmas im making the jump from a little digital camera to a KX so im still learning for the most part...but the pentax lenses do look good and I might choose one of them over a nikon in the future

12-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
yerp...it''s official they are out to grab the Hello Kitty set....and old guys like me who think that all red rig is kinda cool!!

If ya mount a silver lens on that it's gonna like like a souvenir from a Patpong Brothel though... Love it!!
12-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
yerp...it''s official they are out to grab the Hello Kitty set....and old guys like me who think that all red rig is kinda cool!!

If ya mount a silver lens on that it's gonna like like a souvenir from a Patpong Brothel though... Love it!!
lol yeah I intend on only getting black lenses with it...well for the most part
12-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
@seige973

While your friends might rave about their nikon lenses you should be plenty happy with what pentax has to offer in new and old lenses. I bought a DA40mm ltd and it's just an amazing piece of equipment that hasnt left my camera since ive got it. Best of all you can only get lenses like the limiteds for pentax so you have something to make them canikon people look twice =)

12-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Siege973 Quote
lol yeah I intend on only getting black lenses with it...well for the most part
hehehehe...glad ya "got it". Think about mixing and matching lense & body colors...or even an yellow "bumble bee" look with the back portions of the body...at least it's a way for people to become exposed more...

Still think the all red looks pretty "sporty"...but rad/black will be spiffy as well! have fun!
12-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I have a "ALBUM" now of the Kx with various lenses on it, my red camera looks like it was shot on velvia when I see it on my monitor, but looks pinkish when I am holding it in my hands. I hope it looks RED in public!
12-27-2009, 03:15 AM   #22
Veteran Member

how cute...it's just so *precious*...snickersnicker...seriously even though a couple of the shots look pinkish or even sort of a cross between pink & salmon, I bet it looks amazingly cool in person!! I still love the all red setup...that is so fun looking!!

12-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Does it come in Army green?