Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Any good idea about repair?

Hi,
I had a very unfortunate episode for a while ago. I had a long 400 mm M42 lens on my poor K10D and was about to put the lens on the tripod. It was dark and suddenly the combo fell. the lens got apart with the bayonet lens mount of the camera and the camera fell for itself. Trusty Pentax! The camera works perfectly. The only problem is that the lens mount is out and had got a dent. I delivered the camera to a repair shop here in Norway. The price for whole repair is something equivalent Euro 600. Instead I ordered a new lens mount and I want to attach it to the camera. The problem is that because of fall the small screws have by force come out and screwing is not possible anymore. that's why the repair shop wanted to replace the whole front house of the camera. Now I think instead of paying 600 Euro to the repair shop may be I can somehow fasten the mount to the camera. I thought may be a drop of glue in each hole may help. I am though not sure what to do. May be someone here is better than me to find a solution. I would like to keep the K10 and upgrade it later on to a newer system.

Thanks in advance,

Mojtaba

PS- Please forgive my poor English. If something is unclear please ask and I try to describe better.