Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Save 5% cashback on Amazon using a "PayPhrase"

I just happened arcoss a new program Amazon is pusing right now where you setup an AmazonPayments account then add a PayPhrase and until I dunno when, you can get up to 10% cashback, I beleive by the end of January 2010 but am not certain.

Right now I am seeing 5% back on Pentax (or other brands) gear.

The max is $250 (I think that is the max for the promo period total.)

Details: https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/PayPhrasecashback?apaysccid=so%5Fcashback%5F4Q09

Worth a look if it works for your needs.

12-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Through the end of december, and the 10% cashback is through third parties that use amazon payments (not third party sellers on amazon.com, but sellers with their own sites that use amazon payments instead of, say, paypal).
12-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I hope you are not trying to say this does not apply to purchases made on Amazon itself...because in fact it does. And I am willing to bet it also works with some of the 3rd party sellers on Amazon as well. Amazon is far from the level playing field for sellers.

But nice to see it works on outside sites as well...might be an even better deal if you can find the right sellers...

Lots of competition for our cash, but not from the mfg's rather from the money folks...kinda strange and in the long run, inflationary (talking across the industry not this limited promo).
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
I hope you are not trying to say this does not apply to purchases made on Amazon itself...because in fact it does. And I am willing to bet it also works with some of the 3rd party sellers on Amazon as well. Amazon is far from the level playing field for sellers.

But nice to see it works on outside sites as well...might be an even better deal if you can find the right sellers...

Lots of competition for our cash, but not from the mfg's rather from the money folks...kinda strange and in the long run, inflationary (talking across the industry not this limited promo).
If you purchase on the Amazon.com website, you get 5%.

If you purchase off the Amazon.com website, via a merchant that uses Amazon.com payments, you get 10%.

It's spelled out here:

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/PayPhrasecashback?channel=retail

There is a list of participating merchants here:

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/directory

12-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks for rephrasing your comment more accurately...it will sure save someone some cash, I hope?
12-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I thought matiki's comment was sufficiently well-phrased the first time. He certainly wasn't negating anything you said in post #1.

Anyway, I wish I had noticed this offer two days ago when I ordered a DA* 50-135. I just lost $40 because I wasn't observant enough.
12-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aerodave Quote

Anyway, I wish I had noticed this offer two days ago when I ordered a DA* 50-135. I just lost $40 because I wasn't observant enough.

Same here. Quite a bummer, I order a lot of stuff there and I didn't notice it - my wife actually pointed it out to me a few hours ago. I didn't leave as much at the table as you though. Oh well.
12-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aerodave Quote
I thought matiki's comment was sufficiently well-phrased the first time. He certainly wasn't negating anything you said in post #1.

Sorry if asking for clarification was an insult to you for some reason. Like I said it was nice to get it clarified.

12-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by matiki Quote
Same here. Quite a bummer, I order a lot of stuff there and I didn't notice it - my wife actually pointed it out to me a few hours ago. I didn't leave as much at the table as you though. Oh well.
If it helps...I didn't notice it last night when I was shopping, but then again it's not that obvious for sure.

Still even a small amount is worth the effort since, heck it all adds up over a period.
12-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
Sorry if asking for clarification was an insult to you for some reason. Like I said it was nice to get it clarified.
Look, there's no hurt feelings on my side of things. Communication on the internet is 20% of what it is in person, if that. Don't take offense to someone stating that my message worked for them either. That provides valuable feedback to me, that I don't need to go into further detail or clarify my original remark any further. It's all good. We're all being helpful (I think).
12-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by matiki Quote
Look, there's no hurt feelings on my side of things. Communication on the internet is 20% of what it is in person, if that. Don't take offense to someone stating that my message worked for them either. That provides valuable feedback to me, that I don't need to go into further detail or clarify my original remark any further. It's all good. We're all being helpful (I think).
good point for sure!! glad ya din't take it the wrong way. I just hope folks can save some cash from the promo if Bing does not work for them. I usually prefer buying from Amazon, B&H or Adorama in that order. I like hitting Amazon forst because of Prime...gotta love the instant gratification of $4 over nigth shipping!
12-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #12

Is this still happening?
I no longer see the 5% cashback info above the payphrase thing on the Amazon pages?
12-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

They don't seem to be putting it above the PayPhrase button, but it it still mentioned in every item's description. Just scroll down to "Special Offers" and it talks about the 5% there.