Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-x White in Canada?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, Pentax, and hell, even photography. Just got my K-x in November, and... enough with the intros, haha.
So, I got my black K-x for a sweet deal from Futureshop, including their 4 year warranty (hefty price of $169.99, but they compromised by giving me a lot of things for free). The thing is, I now REALLY want a White K-x and if possible a warranty on it. What can I do? Does anyone know of any sellers of the white model in Canada? Please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance!
--Sunny
P.S. The camera is amazing, for any looking to buy it! I just want a white one pretty bad, haha.

Last edited by Shub; 12-11-2009 at 02:40 PM.
12-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #2

in Montreal :

L.L.Lozeau - Ensemble Pentax K-x (Blanc) et 18-55 mm DA L

did you try Henry's camera in Toronto?
12-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Before I pulled the trigger on a used K20d, Henry's and another company in Canada had been listing nearly a dozen white Kx's at a time on Ebay and I almost snagged one myself. I haven't checked them recently.

Edit: Henry's has several on Ebay right now. Maybe they have them in the Store as well.
12-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums, and to Pentax, and to photography in general! You have a heck of a nice camera to start out with there... whatever the color. But, hey, this is Canada in winter!

Your best bet to get a white for your black camera is to wait until just after the holidays and then post a "trade my black for your white K-x" ad in the Toronto craigslist and maybe on this forum. Gifts are given, and some folks have *definite* opinions about how a camera should look! You never know...

If the warranty you bought from Futureshop (the receipt) says "Pentax K-x; black" then you might be outta luck on using that after a trade. However, the folks at my local FS are pretty lenient with extended warrantees (this covered, that covered, here's a replacement, etc.)

12-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manteiv Quote
in Montreal :

L.L.Lozeau - Ensemble Pentax K-x (Blanc) et 18-55 mm DA L

did you try Henry's camera in Toronto?
Thanks a lot. I haven't tried Henry's in Toronto yet, I'll give em a call soon. Thanks for this.

QuoteOriginally posted by matiki Quote
Before I pulled the trigger on a used K20d, Henry's and another company in Canada had been listing nearly a dozen white Kx's at a time on Ebay and I almost snagged one myself. I haven't checked them recently.

Edit: Henry's has several on Ebay right now. Maybe they have them in the Store as well.
Haha, nice. Only thing is, I used several payment methods (Cash, FS Gift card, Debit) as this was a collaboration birthday gift. eBay is out of question for me for expensive purchases, unless I sell mine and buy the new one with funds from PayPal.

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Welcome to the forums, and to Pentax, and to photography in general! You have a heck of a nice camera to start out with there... whatever the color. But, hey, this is Canada in winter!

Your best bet to get a white for your black camera is to wait until just after the holidays and then post a "trade my black for your white K-x" ad in the Toronto craigslist and maybe on this forum. Gifts are given, and some folks have *definite* opinions about how a camera should look! You never know...

If the warranty you bought from Futureshop (the receipt) says "Pentax K-x; black" then you might be outta luck on using that after a trade. However, the folks at my local FS are pretty lenient with extended warrantees (this covered, that covered, here's a replacement, etc.)
Thanks a lot, and I'm very glad for my camera. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite grateful for my camera, but I'm just trying my luck here with a white one. Thanks for the suggestions, that may actually work! Only thing I'm thinking, is the K-x doesn't seem to have much popularity yet... Too many canikon fans I guess. It's really quite a shame. But hey, worth a try!

Just went and looked at the receipt: It does not specify colour, but rather Serial Number. But I believe FS Warranties are transferable. So I could perhaps sell mine with the warranty? What price do you think this would go for?
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Henry's have the white and red one with free shipping right now
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Henry's have the white and red one with free shipping right now
Hmm, just saw that.
Now how do I go about trading my black one for a white one? haha. I'm still within my return at Futureshop, but should I really?

12-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #8

what is the return policy of FS for cameras? is-it 15 days or 30 days? what will happen to the extended warranty you bought? I doubt they will refund this extended warranty

another idea is to buy the white shell. I guess that it should be available somewhere, maybe from Pentax Canada directly?
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Yes futureshop does refund extended warranty.

I dont think buying a white shell is an option... you should go for the color that you want! The only reason I'm still waiting right now if I'm still thinking if my needs would be better served by saving up for a full frame camera...
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manteiv Quote
what is the return policy of FS for cameras? is-it 15 days or 30 days? what will happen to the extended warranty you bought? I doubt they will refund this extended warranty

another idea is to buy the white shell. I guess that it should be available somewhere, maybe from Pentax Canada directly?
Since it was purchased during the holiday times, I have extended return policy till Jan 3rd return. But I won't get a deal like the one I got anywhere else. What do you mean get a white shell? I had no idea this was possible. Can you provide a link please, and expand on it?
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Yes futureshop does refund extended warranty.

I dont think buying a white shell is an option... you should go for the color that you want! The only reason I'm still waiting right now if I'm still thinking if my needs would be better served by saving up for a full frame camera...
I didn't know you could buy just the shell. And ahh, nice. This was best in my price range, I can't afford to look full frame haha.

P.S. Anyone know if Henrys will make me a comparable package if I bring them the Fs reciept? Or is it a YMMV thing?

P.S. Know if henrys will price match everything if I bring in the reciept?

Last edited by Shub; 12-11-2009 at 09:45 PM.
12-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyD Quote
S
I didn't know you could buy just the shell. And ahh, nice. This was best in my price range, I can't afford to look full frame haha.

P.S. Anyone know if Henrys will make me a comparable package if I bring them the Fs reciept? Or is it a YMMV thing?

P.S. Know if henrys will price match everything if I bring in the reciept?
I believe you actually can't change the shell.... that was my point Pricematching is always YMMV. Good luck~
12-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #12

Original Poster
Thanks a lot. I'm considering returning it at FS, and buying a similar package at Henrys...
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #13

Original Poster
Okay, to get the same deal at Henrys, it will cost me $150-$200 more, at least.
Sorry, as much as I love that White, I can't justify that cost, especially at this time, and the fact that I'm a student.
01-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Shub,
I wanted the white one so so so badly until I got my hands on it.
Had it brought in specially to the Henrys in Pickering.
Once I held it I knew that the black one was for me.
It looks great, but feels plasticky.
I don't think you'd pay more at Henrys, though.
I got a pretty good deal.....yeah the extended is pretty pricey, but the extras and the great value of the camera are worth it.
01-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #15

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shub Quote
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, Pentax, and hell, even photography. Just got my K-x in November, and... enough with the intros, haha.
So, I got my black K-x for a sweet deal from Futureshop, including their 4 year warranty (hefty price of $169.99, but they compromised by giving me a lot of things for free). The thing is, I now REALLY want a White K-x and if possible a warranty on it. What can I do? Does anyone know of any sellers of the white model in Canada? Please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance!
--Sunny
P.S. The camera is amazing, for any looking to buy it! I just want a white one pretty bad, haha.
I just bought a black K-X from Prodigital 2000 it was a very positive experience and I got it for $583 Can + tax. The same camera at Henry's was $699 + tax. It was shipped and received in 3 days buy UPS to my door. I see that they do have it white and it also comes with the 2 year Canadian warranty. Hope this helps. Oh ya Prodigital is out of Stratford Ontario and are excellent sellers, checkout the ratings.

Cheers