Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

For those without Dust mapping

When I took some photos, I noticed an annoying spec on the photo on the same spot over and over.
Found out it was dust but my DSLR (K100D super) didn't have any dust mapping.
Tried the dust cleaning thru sensor shaking but to no avail.
Bought a rocket blower..to no avail too!
Finally decided to look at the sensor itself first before trying to clean the whole sensor.
Long story short, I kinda saw like a very small spec of dust that was on the sensor, just tried to wipe that small portion of the sensor and then took some photos to confirm the problem was gone.
Success! It was the pesky dust and I didn't even have to bother with messing with the whole sensor!

I found out that the sensor principle was the same as in film, that the image is actually projected on the sensor upside down.
If the dust was on the upper portion of the photo then correspondingly (looking face on the sensor), the dust would be at the bottom portion of the sensor.

Anyway, here are photos to accompany this post.
Hope this will help those that might want to clean their sensor but don't want to brush or wipe the whole surface of the sensor.

Attached Images