Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Inactive Account

k-x and silkypix question

Hello! help me please I did some test shots with a k-x in a camera warehouse-took the card home but silkypix 3.5 (came with my k200D) doesn't want to open the raw files. Am I missing something?

BTW jpegs look good -tempting little camera

Thanks Andras

12-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's completely normal for RAW processing software to not work with cameras that were released after the software. The application developers usually release updates every few months to support new cameras. I have no idea if Silkypix has released an update to support the K-x or not yet, but if you convert to DNG using the free Adobe DNG Converter, that should allow most RAW processing programs to work with the file.

BTW, you mention Silkypix coming with your K200D - that's not the case. The software that comes with the K200D is Pentx Photo Laboratory. Some of the internals are shared with Silkypix, but it's a different program entirely. So unless you bought Silkypix separately, it's Pentax you'd need to be hitting up for updates, not Silkypix.
12-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Marc for the reply!

Andras
12-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

There is no need to worry.
The Pentax Digital Utility comes free of charge with the Pentax K-x, so if you buy one you'll be able to develop the RAW images.

Or set the camera to DNG, like I have done with mine, and shoot away with other softwares.

12-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
there was a link on the forum about a week ago with the link to update Silkypix for the Kx and windows 7
cheers Mark