Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Would my K100DS support any SD card?

Hi,

I need to get a bigger card, 4GB or more. I need it for this week so I won't be able to mail order it. I need to get it locally. This is something I don't want to skimp on quality. I don't know much about SD cards but I see different classes and types. For my K100D Super, is there any consideration I need to have? Can I use any SD card in it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

12-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In my experience, the K100D Super isn't fast enough to take advantage of the faster cards - those are more necesary for cameras that shoot video or have high shot-per-second frame rates. Any old SD card should work fine. Some brands have better reputations for reliability than others, but if you stick with the major names you should be safe. Google should give you more info than you ever wanted to know about SD cards in general.
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ismael, Marc's right. You can go for a reputable brand name like SanDisk and should be assured of quality for the long term. I believe the K100DS is good to take SDHC cards, which should be good to at least 8GB - perhaps even 16GB - not that you'd really need that much.

But on speed, you don't need more than a Class 2 card, given the K100DS's write speed maxxes out at around 2Mb/sec.