Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
As far as I know, they have the same Sony 12mp.
Have you read DPReview.? The K-X sensor pretty much beats all APS-C cameras high ISO performance.

Pentax K-x Review: 26. Compared to (Higher ISO): Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
With this performance the K-x easily beats most other APS-C cameras when shooting JPEGs, including much more expensive models. If you need better low light performance than this, going full-frame is pretty much your only option.
Pentax K-x Review: 29. Conclusion: Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
The image output at base ISO shows good detail and colors but where the K-x really starts to shine is in low light. Its high ISO JPEGs are possibly the best of all current DSLRs with an APS-C size sensor; they certainly beat any of its direct competitors

12-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
D90 is not a direct competitor of K-x, but a class higher. That K-x's sensor beats most other aps-c sensors in terms of ISO doesn't mean it beats all of them. Plus, a camera is not its sensor. (But, again, both the K-x and the D90 might have the same recent SONY CMOS 12mp sensor.)
12-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
D90 is not a direct competitor of K-x, but a class higher. That K-x's sensor beats most other aps-c sensors in terms of ISO doesn't mean it beats all of them. Plus, a camera is not its sensor. (But, again, both the K-x and the D90 might have the same recent SONY CMOS 12mp sensor.)
What part of my quote can you not read or understand? I just quoted that Its high ISO JPEGs are possibly the best of all current DSLRs with an APS-C size sensor. And alsoIf you need better low light performance than this, going full-frame is pretty much your only option. It's pretty clear that it beats out all other APS-C cameras out there with regard to high ISO performance. But if you still think the D90 is superior then by all means do so.

This is my last reply to you. It seems you do not accept views that are contrary to your point of view despite offering proof.
12-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe I don't really get what you say, but it still looks to me that's you're making a little logical jump from "possibly the best of all current sensor" to "the best of all current sensors". (And here it might be the case that D90 shares the same--not better!!!--sensor with the K-x.) There is also the question of whether, for anyone, the best camera necessarily is the one with the best sensor (or, to be more precise, the one with the best ISO capability). Because that was the ground of your recommendation of K-x vs D90.

Otherwise, sorry I've upset you.

Last edited by causey; 12-27-2009 at 08:01 PM.