Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Samsung GX10 vs Pentax K10D

Hi all (bit new here). So I will follow this up witha 'newbie' question:

any reason why I should get the Pentax K10 instead of the Samsung GX10?

mmmhh

11-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's the same body, but most people prefer having the old and trusted Pentax logo on their cameras...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by time-snaps Quote
Hi all (bit new here). So I will follow this up witha 'newbie' question:

any reason why I should get the Pentax K10 instead of the Samsung GX10?

mmmhh
like mo said, same body and sensor.....but some differences in fuctions, the samsung doesn't (to my knowledge) use the prime image processor, and I am not sure if the samsung uses the 22bit converter....
maybe someone could enlighten us here

otherwise the photos posted from both cameras are great

PS welcome aboard!
11-22-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
It's the same body, but most people prefer having the old and trusted Pentax logo on their cameras...
Same body!? well then I can do away with the 'trusted Pentax Logo'. (might just take the one off the Super A and stick that on ;-)

however, I am after the body only, so not bothered by the Schneider lens. But if it has another chip (not the 22bit) that would explain the price difference...mmmh

be good to know - looking at placing an order in the next 5 days (direct from Japan)

11-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by time-snaps Quote
Same body!? well then I can do away with the 'trusted Pentax Logo'. (might just take the one off the Super A and stick that on ;-)

however, I am after the body only, so not bothered by the Schneider lens. But if it has another chip (not the 22bit) that would explain the price difference...mmmh

be good to know - looking at placing an order in the next 5 days (direct from Japan)
here is a quick review on the samsung Samsung GX-10 Digital Camera - Preview - The Imaging Resource!
this site says it does have the 22 bit converter, but I am almost positive that it wouldn't have the prime engine. how much difference this would make I am not sure
another site Samsung GX-10 | Digital Camera Review doesn't say one way or another if the 22 bit converter is in it. It does say some of the functions are a bit different

hope this helps

randy
11-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

isnt the prime engine a big part of the k10(GX)? i doubt they would take that out..probably just rename it if anything...

only difference I can really see is some slight reprogramming