Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
You're better not relying on AF in macro photography anyhow - if you need precise placement of the focus field, you pretty much want to do that manually.
Marc, thank you once again for your advice and comment .
Yes, in fact the images supplied were manually focused but with the camera triggering the shutter when it though it was in focus my interest was whether that was accurate and giving the same DOF either side of that camera selected focal point.
I have found already found by tests that when I think a given point is in focus the camera's focus system agrees hence the interest in whether the focus either side was equa l/ required adjustment / could be adjusted / or I needed to be aware of a difference to take into account when focusing and composing.

And yes I could take several shots[subject willing] and stack them to increase the DOF [before someone points that out,] but my interest was in trying to get the best out of a single shot opportunity.
thanks for the interst and replies to all who have commented,
Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you all,
Alistair