Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine Arrived! (Another K10 Story) [3 img]

I was nervous as hell because B&H didn't update my order to 'shipped' until 7PM or so...but by 9AM I was in HEAVEN.
I put in the Minolta NP-400 battery and started snapping away...I'll leave my impressions until I use it more, but in the meantime thought I'd post a couple pictures. Since it was dreadful weather today, I was forced to shooting inside - and my trusty old fan is a good subject. This is with my Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135/2.5 at f/2.5, ISO 1600 with NO noise reduction:

Below are two 100% crops of the above image, first without any noise reduction and the second with Photoshop's default (25%) NR:
(Below with no NR):

(Below with NR):

It seems noisier than the DS, but there are a whole lot more pixels. I'm happy with the camera, it has some great touches.
One nit - when you have an old M42 lens attached, it doesn't let you adjust exposure compensation with the scroll wheel (in Av mode) like it does with modern lenses. Other than that it works like a charm!

Later!
Sean

11-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
nice pics - is the 'purple/green' fringes or are they reflections from the environment?