Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K200 with a K-mount manual lens

Hi All,

Does anyone have a guide to using the K200 with a manual K-mount lens? I've taken a few shots using a Chinon 50mm f1.7 in both manual and Av, but I don't seem to be getting the f-stop I expect.

The camera seems to leave the aperture wide open.

Rob

12-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

PK-mount lenses can't be use in Av mode of a DSLR body. To use Av mode, the lens's aperture ring has to be set to "A" (of course it has to have "A" setting in the first place. Otherwise the body does not close down the lens. It always shoot wide open as you observed.

The body has to be in "M" mode.

Please read How to use manual lenses with Pentax DSLRs
12-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
PK-mount lenses can't be use in Av mode of a DSLR body. To use Av mode, the lens's aperture ring has to be set to "A" (of course it has to have "A" setting in the first place. Otherwise the body does not close down the lens. It always shoot wide open as you observed.
Thanks for the confirmation. I also have a mirror lens which should work in Av mode, because the aperture is fixed.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Rob