Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
dust behind sensor?

I took my K100D in for a professional sensor clean since I don't have a kit yet and they cleaned it just great, but showed me one spec that looks like a dust mark, and they said it was actually behind the sensor screen and can not be removed. It is not noticable in any pictures, so it is not a concern.

I'm just wondering if this is possible? Would it be a small particle from manufacturing that snuck in there.

Since it does not impact quality, I am going to give it no more concern than this posting right here.

Thanks for any comments.

Jeff

11-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yep, it can be dust between sensor and sensor screen. I've read a lot such stories about Canon 350D.

If your camera is still under warranty I would exchange it.
11-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #3

I have had my DS, professional done for $aud65. this was done a store that does the same for a couple of the major newspapers here in Sydney.
It was recommended for me to have done, as I free lance motorsport and can get dust and what not when changing lens.
By the way I'm not very good with electronics and would rather pay to have someones else do it.
11-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsundin Quote
I took my K100D in for a professional sensor clean since I don't have a kit yet and they cleaned it just great, but showed me one spec that looks like a dust mark, and they said it was actually behind the sensor screen and can not be removed. It is not noticable in any pictures, so it is not a concern.

I'm just wondering if this is possible? Would it be a small particle from manufacturing that snuck in there.

Since it does not impact quality, I am going to give it no more concern than this posting right here.

Thanks for any comments.

Jeff
I have been reading this thread with interest and wanted to make clear if there isn't some sort of misunderstanding going on.

Can you see the spec of dust/dirt in your viewfinder? If so it is probably between your focusing screen and the penta prism/ penta mirror.

You mention it isn't noticeable in the pictures - so I assume it is not between the glass and the sensor.