Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2009, 02:47 AM   #1

Motor Drive

Can anyone tell me how to set up motor drive or something similar on my K20D?

Many Thanks

12-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Motor drive? You mean the screw-drive? I don't think you can "set" it up, it automatically just works when you slide the MF/AF knob to AF on your camera, while MF stands for Manual focus. You just need to make sure your lens has a screw-mount on it, any auto focus lens that fits Pentax that are not DA* and is not a DA 17-70 f/4 will have a screw-mount. You can't make a manual focus lens to auto focus, and therefore manual focus lens don't have a screw-mount.

Unless you are speaking of a lens that contains SDM focusing motor such as all DA* lenses and the DA 17-70 f/4. SDM lenses cannot be screw-drive enabled, which is of course stupid since these DA* lenses do have a screw-mount on them and yet you can't even use it.

Last edited by LeDave; 12-22-2009 at 03:28 AM.
12-22-2009, 04:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi,

Sorry, when i mean Motor Drive, I mean like for example taking high speed bursts of a skier so that you can layer the images on top of each other to create am image with movement in. LIke a taking 30frames a second or something!

thanks
12-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You mean either continuous shooting mode or burst shooting..

For continuous, press Fn and up... you'll see a rectangle with a "Hi" in the top right-hand corner.. scroll to that..

Hi is "high-speed" at 3fps... Lo is "low-speed" at 2.3fps.. (this makes a difference in regards to how many shots at once can be taken in this mode...

As for burst mode... It can only take a maximum of 115 frames at around 22 frames per second - presumably cause its done at a much lower resolution... you can shoot for just over 5 seconds... I've never used this mode... so I can't really tell you how to get into the shooting mode to do this... Its somewhere in your manual :P

12-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #5
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
As for burst mode... It can only take a maximum of 115 frames at around 22 frames per second - presumably cause its done at a much lower resolution... you can shoot for just over 5 seconds... I've never used this mode... so I can't really tell you how to get into the shooting mode to do this... Its somewhere in your manual :P
If I recall correctly, it's one of the drive modes
12-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pbo Quote
If I recall correctly, it's one of the drive modes
Yes, motordrive was for the film cameras.
Looks like the battery grip of today but very different from the motordrive grip of yesteryears.

As stated by the others above, you change it on the camera menus.