Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
Igilligan

Amazon had the Kx + 18-55mm + 55-300 for $650

You will not find a much better deal than that for a while...

12-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I don't have a lot to add, other than on the lens attached to the Ricoh, if it is a Ricoh lens, do not use it on a Pentax body, as the lens has an extra pin that gets caught on the Pentax body's flange and the lens tends to get stuck on the body.
Contrary to everybody's fear about the dreaded pin get stuck in the Pentax DSLR body, I have both Ricoh Rikenon P 50mm f2 and f1.7 MF lens - there is a pin but it does not get stuck - almost flush with the base flange. I suspect that if you have a third party lens which has the dreadful pin for the Ricoh mount, that could be problematic. I have not seen one yet - you can check on Hinman's blog site. And then I also have the XR Rikenon 50mm f2. This one is really nice with metal housing and heavier than the later P version. My Ricoh MF lenses are sharp and contrasty, but they all use 52mm filter size instead of 49mm. These MF lens are fun and easy to use with the green button on my K10D.
12-23-2009, 01:37 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dom Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but does not the K-x use AA batteries?
haha you pick out one common feature, and one as trivial as battery type, and suggest a direct comparison based on that? Yes I know he said he likes lithium, but there are many more similarities between the K-x and his canon which make it a much more suitable replacement. And really, eneloops are brilliant. I brought 3 packs with me to Africa this trip, 3 weeks in and still on my first set

It's like saying he should buy the K20d as it only comes in black, just like the Canon!
12-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #19
Dom

QuoteOriginally posted by 68deluxe Quote
haha you pick out one common feature, and one as trivial as battery type, and suggest a direct comparison based on that? Yes I know he said he likes lithium, but there are many more similarities between the K-x and his canon which make it a much more suitable replacement. And really, eneloops are brilliant. I brought 3 packs with me to Africa this trip, 3 weeks in and still on my first set

It's like saying he should buy the K20d as it only comes in black, just like the Canon!
Well you've told me a lot about your self with your comments so far.