Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Pentaxian

KX- a sales hit- colours are popular

I was at a couple of camera stores...real camera stores, not the big box stores. Both stores had a bunch of KX's in boxes to go. One clerk that I spoke to said the KX's have been flying off the shelves and they haven't been able to keep stocked...they go as soon as they're come in.

He also said the colours are a big hit...people really like them ....and more importantly buy them.

Good to see the KX is such a hit.

12-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That is nice to hear positive remarks coming from a bonafide camera store (they are typically less than stellar Re Pentax around here...though they liked the Kx, especially my white one when I showed it to them!
12-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm located in Canada and they (bono fide) camera stores have always had good supplies of Pentax equipment.

I read that Pentax USA has a new Marketing Director...maybe he will change things around for the USA stores...here's hoping.
12-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm glad to hear it!

I orderd a white one, which I'll have in a few days. I've been using my old K10D since summer 2007.

12-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That is actually good news so that third party accessories manufacturers can finally include Pentax on their list and produce accessories for it since it would be now profitable.
The cost of new lenses too should come down as more are going to be in demand and producing them in large numbers would be more cost effective than making them in limited numbers.
12-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

This would also drive up the demand for MF lenses, hence these lenses shooting up in prices!
I guess I will never be able to own any of the nifty-fifties then..oh well!