Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
... tin rooves....
You can write hoof:hooves, but not roof:rooves. English is weird like that. Two roofs in a row...

01-01-2010, 03:18 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you dragonfly...
01-01-2010, 06:26 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
You can write hoof:hooves, but not roof:rooves. English is weird like that. Two roofs in a row...
Actually, in many parts of the English speaking world, rooves is perfectly acceptable.
01-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
Forum Member

What is the difference in processing and effect between selecting lower MP in the camera an "resizing the pics in the computer?"

01-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Selecting lower MP in camera means you can never get a a higher resolution version of the image should you want one later - whether for large prints, for more cropping ability, for more fine control of PP, etc.
01-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sbbtim Quote
No. Resize the pics from your K-7 in a computer. Make them have the same pixels as those in K-x
In the context of the above, why would he suggest post processing image downsizing to make the comparison with the K-X rather than in-camera downsizing for testing and comparison purposes. Granted, in-camera cannot be later upsized. He made it sound like shooting lower mps in-camera (12 instead of 14) would not allow for a valid comparison with the 12 mp K-X. Why wouldn't it?
01-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gfmucci Quote
In the context of the above, why would he suggest post processing image downsizing to make the comparison with the K-X rather than in-camera downsizing for testing and comparison purposes. Granted, in-camera cannot be later upsized. He made it sound like shooting lower mps in-camera (12 instead of 14) would not allow for a valid comparison with the 12 mp K-X. Why wouldn't it?
When I made my original post I didn't even consider the other option. The only conceivable difference would be that you could choose a slower but better algorithm (i.e., Gimp allows you to choose different algorithms for scaling images).

This is slightly on-topic: I noticed that in some basic programs (i.e., xv) when I am presented with the scaled preview of a high ISO image (ISO 800-1600 done with a K20D), it looks like a noisy mess, whereas in Aperture and Gimp the scaled preview of the image (.PNG image without noise reduction) looks almost noise free.